ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 VISA Documents and Passport...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seijionion
Newly Registered

EEA2 VISA Documents and Passport...

Post by seijionion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Dear friends,

I am Japanese national who is going to get married with Greek citizen in UK in Sep-Oct this year.

I have a few question regarding documents for EEA2 application.

- Would it be possible to use my foreign national ID card (I'm MA student in UK at the mo), instead of sending my passport.
- Also my fiance's European ID card, instead of passport.

The reason is that we will need to go to greece for Xmas and I want to make sure that I have passports when I need to fly. If they want, I can send it after I come back...

If they don't accept my foreign national ID, do you know how long, and how complicated it would get to get my passport back?

Would be fantastic if you could help me out!!

Thanks,
Seijionion

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 VISA Documents and Passport...

Post by 86ti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 pm

seijionion wrote:Would it be possible to use my foreign national ID card (I'm MA student in UK at the mo), instead of sending my passport.
I believe, it must be the passport.

seijionion wrote:Also my fiance's European ID card, instead of passport.
Yes, possible.

seijionion wrote:If they don't accept my foreign national ID, do you know how long, and how complicated it would get to get my passport back?
See here for details. For actual timelines see, e.g. this thread (long, but you'll find some info there) among others.

seijionion
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 VISA Documents and Passport...

Post by seijionion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:20 pm

86ti wrote:
seijionion wrote:Would it be possible to use my foreign national ID card (I'm MA student in UK at the mo), instead of sending my passport.
I believe, it must be the passport.

seijionion wrote:Also my fiance's European ID card, instead of passport.
Yes, possible.

seijionion wrote:If they don't accept my foreign national ID, do you know how long, and how complicated it would get to get my passport back?
See here for details. For actual timelines see, e.g. this thread (long, but you'll find some info there) among others.
Thank you very much!!

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Yea it has to be your passport.
but if you need it back give them a call and request it back, give yourself a good 15-20 working days for them to send it, not the 10 they say on the website, and if it has not being returned give them a call every day until they tell you that have sent it.