ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I go alone with German D-visa as the family member ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ck4137

Can I go alone with German D-visa as the family member ?

Post by ck4137 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 am

I am a non-EU family member of an EU national.I applied for a Schengen C-visa in German embassy in Beijing as the family member of an EU national. Everything is in order.I din't need to be paid visa fee and I just provided my passport , my wife's british passport and our marriage certificate. But today I received my passport with a German D-visa.I doubt that German embassy has made a mistake about my visa.Can anybody tell me if I can go alone with this German D-visa?

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Can I go alone with German D-visa as the family member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 am

ck4137 wrote:Can anybody tell me if I can go alone with this German D-visa?
Unless the visa states something else, why not? Type D visa are national visa and as such are also typically ssued for the purpose of joining the family member. So I would concur with you that the embassy has done the right thing. Also, this should be a new type D visa that is you can use it also to spend up to 3 months per half year in any other Schengen member state (or enter Germany through it if that suits you).

ck4137

Post by ck4137 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 am

The Visa details are below:
Valid:Deutschland
Type of Visa D Number of Entries:01 Duration of days:90
Remarks:FAMILIENNACHZUG
Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet
Aufenthaltsanzeige Nach Einreise

I do think that German Embassy made a mistake(because I saw the other person's visa page is shown "Familienangehöriger eines Unionsbürgers/EWR-Bürgers"). If I can go with this Visa ,Please tell me once again if I can go alone.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 am

ck4137 wrote:The Visa details are below:
Valid:Deutschland
Type of Visa D Number of Entries:01 Duration of days:90
Remarks:FAMILIENNACHZUG
Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet
Aufenthaltsanzeige Nach Einreise

I do think that German Embassy made a mistake.Please tell me once again if I can go alone.
Sorry, but I absolutely do not see why there would be a mistake. Looks perfectly correct to me and it clearly states that it is for the purpose of family reunification. There is no hint whatsoever that you couldn't enter Germany alone. But be prepared to be asked some question regarding the wherabouts of your spouse, what he/she is doing there, etc.