ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help help pls

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EMILIA MILES
Newly Registered

Help help pls

Post by EMILIA MILES » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi,my partner is EU,am her dependant with outstanding application at the HO as unmarried couples.HO has requested for additional documents which has been forwarded to the almost a month now.our application has stayed with HO for a total of 10 months.now we are planning to get marry,can we send our application to get marry now or should we wait for our EEA2 Application to be concider first?.thanks

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

In my opinion.....

Well if you fullfil all the requirement of Unmarried partner (EEA2)under Cohabitation rule, you should wait for this one

Otherwise if you get married and then send EEA2, you residency time period will start from marriage date not from the end of two year time period of living together.......or when HO recognise it for you(under current app)

It will only affect you timing of PR....i.e from the time you were recognised as a partner....

And about the delay of 10months, wait abt 4-6 weeks and if you dont hear anything from them, start sending complain letters..

EMILIA MILES
Newly Registered

Post by EMILIA MILES » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:38 pm

jackEM wrote:In my opinion.....

Well if you fullfil all the requirement of Unmarried partner (EEA2)under Cohabitation rule, you should wait for this one

Otherwise if you get married and then send EEA2, you residency time period will start from marriage date not from the end of two year time period of living together.......or when HO recognise it for you(under current app)

It will only affect you timing of PR....i.e from the time you were recognised as a partner....

And about the delay of 10months, wait abt 4-6 weeks and if you dont hear anything from them, start sending complain letters..
Thanks,am sure I should qualify.the only area am sceptical about is that my visiting visa expired about 4 years ago,beside that my partner German was working full time as at the time we applied but now she is back to Uni but reduce her working hours to about 25hrs a week,but we did not send comprehensive medical insurance since she is still working part time in the same office she has been working for over 4years.pls what do u think?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 pm

There is no need to send another EEA2 application, as the existing application can still stand. Just send the marriage certificate after marriage.

This will automatically change your status to a Family member.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EMILIA MILES
Newly Registered

Post by EMILIA MILES » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Obie wrote:There is no need to send another EEA2 application, as the existing application can still stand. Just send the marriage certificate after marriage.

This will automatically change your status to a Family member.
Thanks Obie,but what do u think of comprehensive medical insurance,she is a student and at the same time working part time about 25 hrs a week.do we still need the insurance,beside we can not get marry without certificate of approval.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:15 pm

As a part -time worker, she qualify as a worker, so long as her work is effective and genuine, and not ancilliary or marginal in nature.

In regards to the COA, you will need to apply for it to get married, but if you residence card arrives before an approved COA application, then you can proceed with marriage, as the COA then becomes irrelevant
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors