ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz. suggest a good resume preparation service provider

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win2010
Newly Registered

Plz. suggest a good resume preparation service provider

Post by win2010 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi..I got my Tier1 visa.I wanted to get my resume prepared according to international standards.Can anyone suggest some good resume preparation service provider?

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:52 pm

The best resume is prepared by none but yourself. Resume preparation services do the eye candy to the content provided by you. So I would suggest you to spare some time for it. As Monster Jobsite aptly calls it Your advertisement campaign for hiring you.

Please have a look at the Monster website

http://career-advice.monster.co.uk/

Shepherd

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Plz. suggest a good resume preparation service provider

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:23 am

win2010 wrote:Hi..I got my Tier1 visa.I wanted to get my resume prepared according to international standards.Can anyone suggest some good resume preparation service provider?
I can do it for a very nominal price.. 8)
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

win2010
Newly Registered

Post by win2010 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:37 am

Hi gd_Shepherd .thanks for ur reply.Just wanted to is there any specific international standard to be followed for UK.Or any format in that monster link will be fine?

Idea

Post by Idea » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 am

IMHO there is no international standard for CVs

and from my experience i can say people are interested in the content and dont care much about the presentation - so dont get too much hung up on cv format.

It takes 2 minutes for the recruiter to understand your experience and projects involved. Any other information needed they'll find out during the interview.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:48 am

IMHO there is no international standard for CVs

and from my experience i can say people are interested in the content and dont care much about the presentation - so dont get too much hung up on cv format.

It takes 2 minutes for the recruiter to understand your experience and projects involved. Any other information needed they'll find out during the interview.
I am also of the same opinion, the recruiter is not going to sit reading through entire profile for such middle level, developer, senior developer, lead, architect, kind of roles. He's probably going to run a ctrl+f for skillset keywords and call you for an interview. Of course, that doesn't warrant you to just put skill-set with spelling mistakes and bad grammar.

Probably for senior management leadership roles, they will expect more of eye candy and importance will be achievements in the past.