ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test certificate orginal.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sekkappan
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test certificate orginal.

Post by Sekkappan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello,

I had visited the Nationality Checking service (Brent) and submitted my application today- all went off well. I was of the impression that the officer would photocopy all the documents, certify them and forward it to the home office - I thought the only exception to this was the Life in UK test certificate - because the home office needs the original.

My case is under HSMP judicial review which means I did not take the test for my ILR but took it recently only for my Nationality - I am assuming I somehow have to reach the original certificate to the home office - or will they work from photocopy.

If i need to submit the original how am I going to do it ? I am assuming the council would have submitted my applicaiton today and I would have to wait till the home office acknowledges my application and gives me a reference number after which I can send these original certificates - is that right? I am worried this is going to delay my application being looked at.

Is the original required? how do i reach the original to the home office? will this delay my application ?

faz123

Re: Life in the UK test certificate orginal.

Post by faz123 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Sekkappan wrote:Hello,

I had visited the Nationality Checking service (Brent) and submitted my application today- all went off well. I was of the impression that the officer would photocopy all the documents, certify them and forward it to the home office - I thought the only exception to this was the Life in UK test certificate - because the home office needs the original.

My case is under HSMP judicial review which means I did not take the test for my ILR but took it recently only for my Nationality - I am assuming I somehow have to reach the original certificate to the home office - or will they work from photocopy.

If i need to submit the original how am I going to do it ? I am assuming the council would have submitted my applicaiton today and I would have to wait till the home office acknowledges my application and gives me a reference number after which I can send these original certificates - is that right? I am worried this is going to delay my application being looked at.

Is the original required? how do i reach the original to the home office? will this delay my application ?
Don't worry. I also got ILR because of HSMP-JR. I had already passed the Life in UK test then, but the PEO officer, did not take the pass certificate as my application was under the HSMP JR.

When I applied for citizenship, the NCS officer photocopied my pass certificate and returned the original to me. I asked her that the Home officer usually asks for the original and they did not take it when I was granted ILR. She replied that the home office used to ask for the original but not any longer and a photocopy is only required.

I got my approval letter without any problems in 30 days of applying and still have the original pass certificate with me. Same holds true for my wife who also applied at the same time.

Faz

Sekkappan
Newly Registered

Thanks FAZ!

Post by Sekkappan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks, that good to know

beeba

Re: Thanks FAZ!

Post by beeba » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Sekkappan wrote:Thanks, that good to know

Yes thats true I know another person on HSMP JR, they applied through NCS and they did not send Orignal along with application....

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks FAZ!

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 pm

beeba wrote:
Sekkappan wrote:Thanks, that good to know

Yes thats true I know another person on HSMP JR, they applied through NCS and they did not send Orignal along with application....
i didnt send my original certificate ...only copy ...using NCS