ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements on arrival at airport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SteveW
Newly Registered

Requirements on arrival at airport

Post by SteveW » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am

Hi, I have a question about a friend who has already has received a visa, but never entered the UK yet.

I can't find information about the requirements to enter the country? I know she needs all her documents that she used for her visa application. Does she need any health checks or proof of vaccinations?

Also, when she was interviewed she mentioned that the college will arrange her accommodation for her. She does not yet have an address, but will go straight to the college on arrival - will they want to know an exact address for her? Or will she be fine to to tell just this?

Many thanks

SteveW
Newly Registered

Post by SteveW » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 pm

My friend's going to just head down to the embassy and ask about any health check requirements.

We're still not sure about accommodation though, anybody have any ideas?

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm

hey there...just as you say it's best for her to go to the embassy to know if she requires any vaccinations.

Some country's require a TB test but she shall be given this info from the embassy.

in regards to what she should have at the point of entry, just as you said carrying her relevant documents in her hand luggage such as uni acceptance letter and other uni and financial documents...if she has a letter saying that she will be accommodated at the uni then that will also help.

i'd suggest that she make sure to have contact numbers for either friends/relatives and someone at the college as well...so that in case she is delayed at heathrow she can call to let them know she has arrived.

all the best to your friend.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

SteveW
Newly Registered

Post by SteveW » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Wabuthu,

Thanks a lot for your insight, it's really appreciated. We managed to get an official signed and stamped letter from the school over the course of the day to confirm that they will make arrangements on her behalf, so this is going to make things less doubtful.