ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of support

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Letter of support

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi

My husband and I live with my parents and have done since we came back to the UK from Iran. My husband is on a settlement visa and will apply for ILR Set M in the future.

On the Set M form it says a letter should be included if you live with relatives. Could anybody advise what my parents should write in their letter?

Many thanks

shs213

Re: Letter of support

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi

My husband and I live with my parents and have done since we came back to the UK from Iran. My husband is on a settlement visa and will apply for ILR Set M in the future.

On the Set M form it says a letter should be included if you live with relatives. Could anybody advise what my parents should write in their letter?

Many thanks
May be a letter from the property owner [tenant] confirming the applicant lives in that address....

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Do you think this would be ok:

To the Officer responsible:

We write this letter to confirm that our Son in Law XXXX and Daughter XXX have lived with us at our home since 18th February 2009 and they continue to live with us.

We own the house and are responsible for all the Utility bills, which are in our name. We do not financially support them as they are both in full time employment.

They are welcome to remain living with us until such time that they wish to find their own accommodation.

We have enclosed a recent utility bill and our latest council tax bill for your records.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Do you think this would be ok:

To the Officer responsible:

We write this letter to confirm that our Son in Law XXXX and Daughter XXX have lived with us at our home since 18th February 2009 and they continue to live with us.

We own the house and are responsible for all the Utility bills, which are in our name. We do not financially support them as they are both in full time employment.

They are welcome to remain living with us until such time that they wish to find their own accommodation.

We have enclosed a recent utility bill and our latest council tax bill for your records.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Yes.

You need to include some proof to show its the property owner who's written the letter [assuming your parents own the proerty than rented]...

good luck...

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Thankyou

Should I provide a certified copy of their house deeds? How can I provided evidence that they have written the letter?

Many thanks

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Thankyou

Should I provide a certified copy of their house deeds? How can I provided evidence that they have written the letter?

Many thanks
I think in the main letter you can say - Mr X has been living in my house [owned]. or add somehting like As the property owner I confirm Mr X has been bla bla...

Its probably an over kill, but to be safe i'd keep a copy of the house deed as back up...

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Thankyou so much for all your help