ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOLLAND

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yawa_hyatt2001
Newly Registered

HOLLAND

Post by yawa_hyatt2001 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:22 pm

hello iam in hollan for more than one month and i have applied for residnce permit for about how much time it will take to have residence permit and if they call upon me to appear before the judge what should i say there in the court so that court may approve my residence permit
and when they will call me for granting residence permit inshallha iam expecting soon but how much time it will take

gani999

Post by gani999 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:49 pm

These days it often takes around six months , sometime even more, for first time applicants. The entire IND is a mess ever since they centralized it.

You will not be called in front of any judge and it is not the courts who award the residence permits. Residence permit applications are handled by the IND and once the permit is issued, you'll be called to the aliens police to pick it up.

But you can continue to remain in the country during that time and , should you want to leave for a short period, you can apply for a return visa which will help you get back through immigration.

yawa_hyatt2001
Newly Registered

holland

Post by yawa_hyatt2001 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:35 pm

thanks for replying
iam on student visa
and i want to go to belgium for sometim
and now if i go there i think i wil have to take visaa for holland
i dont want to apply for hooland visa agian
what should i do

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:13 pm

If you are on a valid visa in Holland you should be able to go to Belgium. there are not really any checks between the two countries

[Moderator edit (John) : Unnecessary words removed]

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:21 pm

You don't need a visa to go to Belgium from Holland and there are no checks when you come back.

[Moderator edit (John) : Lemess I agree with you. The offending words have been removed from the post before yours .... and therefore also need to be removed from your post (which included a quote) as well.]

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:05 pm

If you are waiting for your residence permit and you want to travel around, I would strongly recommend (as I did before) that you go and get yourself a return visa, also referred to as a "terugkeer visum."

and there ARE frequent checks between The Netherlands and Belgium, particularly in trains. and they will not be very amused if you tell them that you are waiting for a residence permit and so don't have any papers on you.