ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Overseas income

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp2006

ILR - Overseas income

Post by hsmp2006 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:44 am

Hi

I am completing my 5 year term in 2011. I spent initial 12-months in Belfast/Dublin. Subsequently I moved to London and have been living/working here ever since. I have a query about my first 12-month stay in UK and its effect on ILR. Sorry, but this is a slightly long post.

I was initially employed by a company based in Ireland, though my base location was Belfast. I rented a flat in Belfast for initial 6 months. Rest 6 months, I was travelling between Dublin and Belfast on work assignments. I also spent few months in other parts of UK on work. My salary was paid in Euros into an Irish bank account. All my taxes were also paid in Ireland.

I lived/worked for atleast 215 days in UK during the 12-month period and have a proof for that. I don't have UK residence proof for the remaining period, except for UK bank account history. If my stay in Dublin is also counted, I will overshoot the 180-day clause.

I've recently approached HMRC to check if Dual Tax agreement will help in getting an appropriate amount paid to Irish Tax department into UK Tax account. I was told that it will be taken care of.

I plan to apply for ILR with this tax statement, hoping it will be sufficient to prove my stay in Dublin as a part of work assignment and hence making an exception to 180-day clause. Unfortunately, I can't get a letter from previous employer.

Please share your thoughts.

-hsmp2006

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Any pointers at all? If this is something I can get an answer only from an immigration expert, any recommendations will also be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
hsmp2006.