ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last minute earnings for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IwantTier1
Newly Registered

Last minute earnings for Tier 1

Post by IwantTier1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:05 am

Would there be anything suspicious or wrong with declaring earnings from a new source at the very end of the period?

I was salaried for first 9 months, and am now working as a contractor. I stopped working end of June and thought I was in good shape, but with new 80 point requirement I'm now short. Is there anything wrong with agreeing to do some work for a family friend at this minute to get me over the hump?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Last minute earnings for Tier 1

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 am

IwantTier1 wrote:Would there be anything suspicious or wrong with declaring earnings from a new source at the very end of the period?

I was salaried for first 9 months, and am now working as a contractor. I stopped working end of June and thought I was in good shape, but with new 80 point requirement I'm now short. Is there anything wrong with agreeing to do some work for a family friend at this minute to get me over the hump?
As long as you can produce the required documents and prove your income, you should be fine..

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Last minute earnings for Tier 1

Post by pkumar » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am

Please remember many people are doing this to make ends meet .. so be VERY through about your paperwork .... tax .. bank statement ... CA letter ..etc ... UKBA are doing proper checks ...there are lots of thread on contracting job in this forum ...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 am

You or your girlfirend?

regards