ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching fro post study to hsmp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Switching fro post study to hsmp

Post by rizash76 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:19 am

Hello
My post study visa will expire in sep,10 at the moment I am running a restaurant as a sole trader and I have been there for a 5 months and till sep it will be 7 months , dats mean that i could not show the 12 months earnings. plz can anyone tell me that from inside uk do stillI need to show full 12 months earning bcoz last time it was minimum 6 months need to show. plz reply me ASAP.
Rizash

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Switching fro post study to hsmp

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:12 am

rizash76 wrote:Hello
My post study visa will expire in sep,10 at the moment I am running a restaurant as a sole trader and I have been there for a 5 months and till sep it will be 7 months , dats mean that i could not show the 12 months earnings. plz can anyone tell me that from inside uk do stillI need to show full 12 months earning bcoz last time it was minimum 6 months need to show. plz reply me ASAP.
Rizash
First things first, there is no HSMP anymore it is tier 1 (g).

There is no limit on number of months of earnings to be showed as long as you have got enough earnings to claim required points. You can even apply with 1 month's earnings if you get required points.

AFAIK, there was no such rule of minimum 6 months earnings to be showed.

'105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.'

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Thanx

Post by rizash76 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Thankx Aruni4470 for ur kind reply.

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

"" I am running a restaurant as a sole trader ""

Is a person eligible to run his own business like restaurant, if he/she are on tier-1 post study work visa?????????

I might be wrong, but I heard people saying that he/she is eligible to setup their own business only in or after Tier-1 General visa status. Is this true????

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Dev, Apparently you are wrong, Person on Tier 1 PSW is allowed to open/ run / conduct business in the same manner as Tier 1 G.
Goodluck Rizash76