ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refree, Driving without insurance conviction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magsi23
Member of Standing

Refree, Driving without insurance conviction

Post by magsi23 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:10 am

Dear Friends,

I am thinking of putting a friend as referee (Bank official), however i just remembered he was caught driving without insurance few months back, he was fined £250 but he did not have to go to court etc.

Would he be ok to put down as refree?

or i have another choice, a Teacher but she is not a British citizen? Any suggestions?

Regards
Magsi

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Going to court just doesnt mean going to court in person. Someone can put in a plea by post and appear in court by post. The thing which should be kept in mind is that whether the person got convicted in a court or was it just a fixed penalty issued by police. If he got convicted in court, then he cant act as referee. If he just got a FPN then no problem.