ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going abroad for more than 3 months.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

screamaway
Newly Registered

Going abroad for more than 3 months.

Post by screamaway » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 am

Hi,
I am working in UK for more than 2 years now.
Currently the company i am working is sending me abroad for work for five months. After that, I will be coming to UK staying for about a month, and going abroad again. This will continue about 1.5 - 2 years.

My question is; because of all these, when i am applying to ILR, will i come across to problems?

(I will be still paid in UK, and renting in UK.)

Thanks,
Last edited by screamaway on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Markie

Re: Going abroad for more than 3 months.

Post by Markie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm

as long as you can get a letter from your company that you have to be deputised abroad then there should be no problem as your stay outside is covered and has a valid reason.
screamaway wrote:Hi,
I am working in UK for more than 3 years now.
Currently the company i am working is sending me abroad for work for five months. After that, I will be coming to UK staying for about a month, and going abroad again. This will continue about 1.5 - 2 years.

My question is; because of all these, when i am applying to ILR, will i come across to problems?

(I will be still paid in UK, and renting in UK.)

Thanks,

bb21

Re: Going abroad for more than 3 months.

Post by bb21 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:32 pm

screamaway wrote: (I will be still paid in UK, and renting in UK.)
This is fairly important imho. As long as you're still paid in UK and paying taxes and NIs then you should be fine