ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

free prescription

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omeo_21

free prescription

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:20 pm

My wife is currently on a 2 year extension visa as a spouse. we applied for this visa after she was allowed to come here and marry.

my wife is now pregnant, my question is is she entitled to free prescriptions or not?

thanks

Dasavathar

Post by Dasavathar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:55 am

You are entitled for the free prescription. This is not a benefit...

Gamini
Newly Registered

Post by Gamini » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:39 pm

[quote="Dasavathar"]You are entitled for the free prescription. This is not a benefit...[/quote]

I am in work permit VISA and due to apply ILR this year. My wife who is in dependant VISA claimed free prescription only once under income support. She claimed unknowingly 6 moths ago and we could not sort it out so far. She did this only once (8 pounds).

Is there any way to pay back? Will this affect the ILR?

If anybody got any idea, it would be appreciated.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:51 am

On the same case. I am on Tier 1 and my wife is a dependent and she is pregantant. I understand that during pregnancy you can get free precrpition and free dental care.

Currently my wife needs to see a dentist as per her health issue. Can we claim free dental care?

Thanks