ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company vs Umbrella Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sikander
Newly Registered

Limited company vs Umbrella Company

Post by sikander » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:01 am

Hi Guys,

I am currently in UK and my Tier1 is up for renewal next year. I have one question

Currently I am with an umbrella company but I want to open my limited company. Getting a VISA extension is easier with an umbrella company or a private limited company?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:11 am

There is no question of which is easier. You either qualify or you don't. And to qualify it really doesn't matter.

T90

Post by T90 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 pm

if you open a company, you can retain the profits to pay yourself nominal salary in case you are not working with any clients...

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Limited company vs Umbrella Company

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:53 pm

sikander wrote:Hi Guys,

I am currently in UK and my Tier1 is up for renewal next year. I have one question

Currently I am with an umbrella company but I want to open my limited company. Getting a VISA extension is easier with an umbrella company or a private limited company?
I will recommend you to keep operating through umbrella company for the sake of extension as you do not have any headache. All you need to provide bank statement and salary slips.

But if you open up a limited company it may save you some money but you will be under more pressure to organise things of your own company. Just my opinion.