ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to be Post Dated

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mantasingh

Tier 1 to be Post Dated

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:31 am

I got my stamped Tier 1 General VISA on 27th July 2010 which is valid from 26 July 2010 to 26 July 2012.

In the form I mentioned that my intended date of travel is around 15th Oct 2010. But still they stamped the VISA from 26th July. I filed my application on 12th July.

Can this be post dated to somewhere in September/October.

Please let me know any contact details of British High Commission in India which can help me in this regard.

Thanks
Manish Gupta

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 am

The date of travel can be within three months of filing the application (for out of country applications) which happens to 12th October 2010. Since it is further than that , they would have taken the date of approval as the starting date of Visa.

This issue has been discussed in lots of threads, if you had searched the forum or read the guidance, I am sure you would have put a different date (12th October or earlier) on the application

Shepherd

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 am

gd_Shepherd wrote:The date of travel can be within three months of filing the application (for out of country applications) which happens to 12th October 2010. Since it is further than that , they would have taken the date of approval as the starting date of Visa.

This issue has been discussed in lots of threads, if you had searched the forum or read the guidance, I am sure you would have put a different date (12th October or earlier) on the application

Shepherd
Thanks Shephard.
Is there anything that can be done now. I missed out on this point earlier.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:28 am

To begin with you gave them wrong date.
so don't be surprised if they tell you refile your application again ... i would not take a risk of changing the date.