ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Valid Dates / Postponement / Rejections

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wormik1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Valid Dates / Postponement / Rejections

Post by wormik1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Dear all,

I hope I am posting this message into the correct forum.

Regarding Tier 1 Visa, I have several remarks, I hope you can help me to sort them out.

1-) I will apply for Tier 1 Visa, I believe I will get it, I have all the related requirements. But, after visa issuance, how long can I wait to enter UK? I heard that it is 3 years. During 3 years, can I enter UK anytime I want?

The reason I am asking this is, currently I am working and my wife will get a master's degree in July 2011. I want to work more to save some more money and until my wife gets her degree. On the other hand, visa requirements are getting harder and harder day by day. I do not want to be got stuck with new cap regulations. And God know how they will change the rules and regulations again.

2-) If my application is rejected, and I want to apply again with corrected documents/evidences, do I have to pay the whole visa application fee again?

Thank you so much!

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Visa Valid Dates / Postponement / Rejections

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm

wormik1 wrote:Dear all,

I hope I am posting this message into the correct forum.

Regarding Tier 1 Visa, I have several remarks, I hope you can help me to sort them out.

1-) I will apply for Tier 1 Visa, I believe I will get it, I have all the related requirements. But, after visa issuance, how long can I wait to enter UK? I heard that it is 3 years. During 3 years, can I enter UK anytime I want?

The reason I am asking this is, currently I am working and my wife will get a master's degree in July 2011. I want to work more to save some more money and until my wife gets her degree. On the other hand, visa requirements are getting harder and harder day by day. I do not want to be got stuck with new cap regulations. And God know how they will change the rules and regulations again.

2-) If my application is rejected, and I want to apply again with corrected documents/evidences, do I have to pay the whole visa application fee again?

Thank you so much!
3 years ????
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

wormik1
Newly Registered

Post by wormik1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 pm

indianinworld wrote:
3 years ????
Yes, that is what I am asking :) How long can I wait after Tier 1 visa issuance to enter UK. 3 years is what I heard, but I want an answer from a firm source. thank you

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:48 pm

wormik1 wrote:1-) I will apply for Tier 1 Visa, I believe I will get it, I have all the related requirements. But, after visa issuance, how long can I wait to enter UK? I heard that it is 3 years. During 3 years, can I enter UK anytime I want?
You can enter the UK anytime before the Tier 1 visa expires.
wormik1 wrote:2-) If my application is rejected, and I want to apply again with corrected documents/evidences, do I have to pay the whole visa application fee again?
Yes, if you submit a fresh application then the fee has to be paid again.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with the guidance doc on the UKBA website and it will help clear the doubts.
Regards,
crowbar6

wormik1
Newly Registered

Post by wormik1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:55 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
wormik1 wrote:1-) I will apply for Tier 1 Visa, I believe I will get it, I have all the related requirements. But, after visa issuance, how long can I wait to enter UK? I heard that it is 3 years. During 3 years, can I enter UK anytime I want?
Dear crowbar6, thank you for guidance. Before reading the document in UKBA, I have a quick question: How long is the Tier 1 general visa valid after issuance? I checked the forum, it should be 2 years?

For example, I have enter into the UK and after six months, my tier 1 visa will expire, what do I do? Do I apply for extension?

Thank you for your support and guidance a lot!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 pm

wormik1 wrote:
crowbar6 wrote:
Dear crowbar6, thank you for guidance. Before reading the document in UKBA, I have a quick question: How long is the Tier 1 general visa valid after issuance? I checked the forum, it should be 2 years?

For example, I have enter into the UK and after six months, my tier 1 visa will expire, what do I do? Do I apply for extension?

Thank you for your support and guidance a lot!
If you read the policy guidance,as already suggested, you'll find the answer to your own queries (such as this).

regards