ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 G refused - past earnings calculation/ uplift ratio

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shininaga
Newly Registered

Tier1 G refused - past earnings calculation/ uplift ratio

Post by shininaga » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:05 am

Hi all,
My Tier1 G application was refused. The refusal was based on the ground that i did not had enough points under past earnings. I had applied on 15 Jul 10 in VFS chennai

My past earnings period was from Jun-2009 to May-2010. I was deputed to germany for 20 days starting from 06-Jul-09 through my employer and had included the allowance. I split the past earning period into three in the covering letter as shown below (for ease of calculation)

01-Jun-09 to 05-Jul-09 => A INR - i applied uplift ratio 5.3
06-Jul-09 to 26-Jul-09 => B EUR - i applied uplift ratio 1
27-Jul-09 to 31-May-10 => C INR - i applied uplift ratio 5.3

The total equivalent earnings came to GBP 40,686.00. The ECO has mentioned i her comments that i cannot apply uplift ratio of 5.3 to my July-09 month's salary as i was in Germany and granted only 20 points under this attribute, thus refusing entry.

But my point is that t date of credit of the salary was 31-Jul-09, when i was in India already. I see the following lines in the guidance document P 132
The country in which the applicant has 132. physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.
1) Was i right in the above mentioned calculation? Is something wrong in my calculation or is the ECO wrong?
2) Another point here is - the allowance in EUR was credited to Citi world money card (based out of India). Can this be of any use? (like can i convert EUR to INR and thenc alculate earnings?)

Can i apply for AR? Senior members please advice. This is very important and urgent.. please

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:56 am

It looks like you have not in fact applied the uplift ration of 5.3 to (most of)your July salary, contrary to the ECO's comments?

shininaga
Newly Registered

Post by shininaga » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm

wf wrote:It looks like you have not in fact applied the uplift ration of 5.3 to (most of)your July salary, contrary to the ECO's comments?
The whole month's Indian salary was credited to me on 31-Jul-2009, for which i had applied the uplift ratio of 5.3
That is what has been quoted as reason. Are they still correct. Does that point which i have higlighted in my first post make any sense?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 pm

shininaga wrote:
wf wrote:It looks like you have not in fact applied the uplift ration of 5.3 to (most of)your July salary, contrary to the ECO's comments?
The whole month's Indian salary was credited to me on 31-Jul-2009, for which i had applied the uplift ratio of 5.3
That is what has been quoted as reason. Are they still correct. Does that point which i have higlighted in my first post make any sense?
The salary credited on 31 Jul was for the month of July in which you were physically present (most of the month) in Germany. So, you cannot use uplift ratio for your whole July salary.

shininaga
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 G refused - past earnings calculation/ uplift rati

Post by shininaga » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Aruni - in this case - any comments on the point below?
shininaga wrote:2) Another point here is - the allowance in EUR was credited to Citi world money card (based out of India), a day before i left to Germany. Can this be of any use? (like can i convert EUR to INR and then calculate earnings?)
Because this was what i was advised by the BHC helpline when i queried them before applying. If i follow this my equivalent GBP eanrings crosses 50000. Since i was not sure of it i did not go by it. Your advice on this?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

shininaga wrote:Aruni - in this case - any comments on the point below?
shininaga wrote:2) Another point here is - the allowance in EUR was credited to Citi world money card (based out of India), a day before i left to Germany. Can this be of any use? (like can i convert EUR to INR and then calculate earnings?)
Because this was what i was advised by the BHC helpline when i queried them before applying. If i follow this my equivalent GBP eanrings crosses 50000. Since i was not sure of it i did not go by it. Your advice on this?
Do you have documentary evidence to prove your allowance from two different sources? ( see the policy guidance for accepted evidence) If yes then you could add these allowances to your earnings. You will not be able to convert these into INR and calculate your earnings.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:50 pm

shininaga wrote:Aruni - in this case - any comments on the point below?
I think, you already have started one more thread under different id. What you want to achieve ?

shininaga
Newly Registered

Post by shininaga » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 pm

gotcha wrote: I think, you already have started one more thread under different id. What you want to achieve ?
Well, nothing was intentional - its pure accident, raised from two diff locations. And we were not able to delete. Please check you PM inbox