ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash Payment from Employeer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Cash Payment from Employeer

Post by anil_ch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 General very soon. I do have a bank account but I receive my salary in Cash rather to be transferred in the bank. Most of the employees doesn't like to maintain bank account just because of job.

Though my pay slips show the method of payment as "cash", I am wondering if it can effect on the results of my case.

Does method of payment is important in the eyes of case worker?.

Is Bank transfer is better option than cash?.

Secondly, I do not put my entire salary to my bank account; rather I put some in the account and some I keep for monthly expenditure. Like if I receive 45k from employer, I put 25k in the account & rest in the pocket

Again, this does not reflect similarities between my bank account and my salary (pay slips).

Is it compulsory that pay slips should be comparable to bank account entries or it can be different (as in my case?)

Should this be a negative factor in the eyes of case worker?. Is any one gone to similar experience,

Regards,

Anil

Yogibear
Newly Registered

Post by Yogibear » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 pm

The answer to most of the questions you raised are YES. However it is a fact that certain types of businesses are indeed rewarded in cash payment eg taxi drivers. In your case you need to make sure if that cash payment is a normal practice. The fact that you do not banked all the cash you received could be interpreted as a tax evasion attempt.

I would advise you consult an accountant not a solicitor that would guide you as to the validity of your claim.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Read the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance *carefully* to understand the documentary evidence(s) required to claim points for earnings.

regards

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Post by anil_ch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks Yogibear,

My employer is not like taxi driver, rather its educational and service oriented. Most of employees takes cash because they come from remote areas and hesitant to take bank facilities. our management once tried to setup bank payment but it didn't worked.

To avoid tax evasion, I can pay tax on full amount I received (as depicted on my salary slips).
I have to pay tax myself since my employer is not registered with tax guys.

can this be a right approach.?

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Taxable salary isn't the parameter on which assessment is based. It is based on gross earnings and you require two evidences from independent sources (that corroborate your exact earnings for the period) to claim points for earnings.

As suggested, please read the policy guidance.

regards

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Post by anil_ch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm

thanks sushdmehta,
you require two evidences from independent sources (that corroborate your exact earnings for the period)
Can you please explain Independent sources. are you talking about accountants etc

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:15 pm

anil_ch wrote:Can you please explain Independent sources. are you talking about accountants etc
Make an effort to follow suggestion given and read the policy guidance. Answers to your questions are all in there .. explained in good detail.

regards