ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw1 rejected and new rules. Please I need an advice !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalita1982
Newly Registered

psw1 rejected and new rules. Please I need an advice !!!

Post by lalita1982 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 am

Hello Everyone:

I studied a Master's Degree in a well know university in London. I graduated this year with with Merit.

On February 2010 I applied to PWS 1. However, on March the Home Office decided to reject my application , due to I did not have £800 for all 3 months. In fact, the money just was missing for 8 days. Also, when the Home Office sent me the documents back; they did not return all my bank statements. They said that I did not sent the bank statements from 8 January to 22 January. I am sure that I sent all the bank statements. In the letter, they gave me 2 options: made an appeal if I was not satisfied with the desicion or leave the country as soon as possible. I decided to do not made an appeal. So, I left the UK asap.

Last week the home offfice changed the rules again, due to the decisions made on The Pankina case. In the new judgements, the Home Office explain that if a application form has been refused only for maintenance funds they can review the case. They said that this review it will only for miggrants who sent the application in The UK before or until 22 July and they had a legal status in the UK, when they made the application.

However, when I read the new policy guide The home Office say that the case can be review again if the applicant had the founds one month before of the application. In my case I had more than £800, 80 days before the application and during the day of the applciation. Also, they say that the applicant, who wants an administrative review; due to his/her visa was rejected, must to have a legal status in The UK at the time of request reconsideration. In my case, I had a legal status in The UK, when I apply to the PSW 1. I got the other based points, just had problems with the maintenance founds. As, I explained you before, I decided to leave the UK, instead of stay there overstayed.

At the moment I am in my home country . I would like to back to the UK. I would like to know what can I do in my case. According to the Parkina Case I consider that the desicion was unfair. I would like to know if The UKBA can review my case again.

Please I need you help, and here I have been in different student agencies abroad, but nobody knows what I have to do. Should I ask for a revision or apply again next january

ash786
BANNED

Re: psw1 rejected and new rules. Please I need an advice !!!

Post by ash786 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:28 pm

lalita1982 wrote:Hello Everyone:

I studied a Master's Degree in a well know university in London. I graduated this year with with Merit.

On February 2010 I applied to PWS 1. However, on March the Home Office decided to reject my application , due to I did not have £800 for all 3 months. In fact, the money just was missing for 8 days. Also, when the Home Office sent me the documents back; they did not return all my bank statements. They said that I did not sent the bank statements from 8 January to 22 January. I am sure that I sent all the bank statements. In the letter, they gave me 2 options: made an appeal if I was not satisfied with the desicion or leave the country as soon as possible. I decided to do not made an appeal. So, I left the UK asap.

Last week the home offfice changed the rules again, due to the decisions made on The Pankina case. In the new judgements, the Home Office explain that if a application form has been refused only for maintenance funds they can review the case. They said that this review it will only for miggrants who sent the application in The UK before or until 22 July and they had a legal status in the UK, when they made the application.

However, when I read the new policy guide The home Office say that the case can be review again if the applicant had the founds one month before of the application. In my case I had more than £800, 80 days before the application and during the day of the applciation. Also, they say that the applicant, who wants an administrative review; due to his/her visa was rejected, must to have a legal status in The UK at the time of request reconsideration. In my case, I had a legal status in The UK, when I apply to the PSW 1. I got the other based points, just had problems with the maintenance founds. As, I explained you before, I decided to leave the UK, instead of stay there overstayed.

At the moment I am in my home country . I would like to back to the UK. I would like to know what can I do in my case. According to the Parkina Case I consider that the desicion was unfair. I would like to know if The UKBA can review my case again.

Please I need you help, and here I have been in different student agencies abroad, but nobody knows what I have to do. Should I ask for a revision or apply again next january
1. If you left the UK after u application was rejected and u had a valid leave at that time (u visa was still valid) then u can apply for an administrative review. The link is as follows.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-refusals

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:24 am

ash786 wrote: If you left the UK after u application was rejected and u had a valid leave at that time (u visa was still valid) then u can apply for an administrative review. The link is as follows.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-refusals
Applications submitted in the UK are not subject to administrative review, but can only be appealed when given the right.

IMHO, you'll need to apply for Tier 1 (PSW) afresh, as and when you can. As per the policy guidance, since you are not resident in UK your previous application submitted in the UK will not be reviewed (as a result of new policy guidance issued in light of Pankina judgement).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:37 am

Dear ash 786:

Thanks for your replied.

My student visa expired on 28 February and I applied for the PSW1 on 26 February. On 17 March I received the documents back and a letter from the Home Office, which says that my visa was rejected; because I did not get the 10 points of the maintenance funds. So, I left the UK on 23 March.

So, in my case do think that I can made an administratative review?

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:23 pm

lalita1982 wrote:So, in my case do think that I can made an administratative review?
As mentioned above, applications submitted in the UK are not subject to administrative review.

regards

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 am

@ poster
Administrative review are only for in country applications
I think your best option is to make a new application provided you meet all requirement ypu will most likely get your psw

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm

joxiri wrote:@ poster
Administrative review are only for in country applications
:shock: Common guys!

Read Annex A

regards

osas2011
Newly Registered

U are qulified under pankar vs secetary of state

Post by osas2011 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:38 am

i would like to state here that, according to what I understand about the pankiar case, if ur application was refused before the on or before the 22nd of july, u are qualified for ur case to be reviewed. this is base on these two circumstance. if u are in country, and u still have a live appeal, the home office has stated on their website (UKBA) that they will consider withdrawing all application based on shortage of maintance funds, and review their cases and grant their visas while those who are out of the uk, whose application was refused based on such circumstance should send in their names, application reference number, and passport number to the case worker unit, and their application would be reviewed and visa granded. if that is ur case u are qualified under the Pankiar and other case won.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Dear Osas 2011:

Thanks for your comment. In my case I applied before on 22 July inside The UK; to be more exactly I applied on 28 February. The only problem was the maintenance funds. So, in my case can I write a letter to my case worker, with the case number and my passport number even if I am my home country??

If the answer is yes. Do I need to send to them the same documents that I show them in February? I ask that because they returned all my documents. So, I do not know if they have copy of them

osas2011
Newly Registered

RE-PSW

Post by osas2011 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello There Mate, First I did like to say that u still have the chance of getting ur PSW. Second the information like I said is at the UKBA website.

Now, even though u are now at ur home country it does not matter. all u need to do is to send your Reference Number, Your Passport Number and Other details like your name to the Case Worker Unit of the Home Office or UK Embassy at your place. although it was not stated there that you have to send your document, but in my opinion since you are now at your home contry it is wise re-sending all your document. I would also in my opinion advice you write a short letter stating the reason or you are sending your documents, based on the Pankar case that was won. I would also advice that you visit the UKBA website and make a print out of what has been put there concerning what the home office have stated there concerning those who has the same situation, llike that of Pankar, 29 others versus that hoem office. make refernce to this in your letter.

You are to send this to the CASE WOKER UNIT of the home office or UK embassy, not your case worker. ok. I will send you further assistce if required. DO NOT FRET. U ARE GARRUNTED TO GET YOUR PSW. AS LONG AS YOUR REFUSAL WAS ON OR BEFORE 22ND OF JULY. TRUST ME. JUST DO WHAT I HAVE SAID.

osas2011
Newly Registered

RE-PSW

Post by osas2011 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 pm

HI LILA

THIS IS FROM THE UKBA WEBSITE: CHECK THIS OUT.

23 July 2010

The UK Border Agency has issued new policy guidance following the judgments in the cases of Secretary of State for the Home Department v Pankina [2010] EWCA Civ 719.

The guidance affects migrants under all tiers of the points-based system whose applications were refused solely because they failed to meet the maintenance (funds) requirements, and who unsuccessfully applied:

from outside the UK between 23 June and 22 July 2010 inclusive; or
from inside the UK (at a time when they had lawful status in the UK) on or before 22 July 2010.
The new policy guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page, explains how these applicants can request a review of their refusal.

POINTS-BASED SYSTEM
MAINTENANCE (FUNDS): POLICY DOCUMENT
23 July 2010
WHO DOES THIS DOCUMENT APPLY TO?
This policy document covers migrants who:
a.
Applied for further leave to remain under Tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Points Based System (PBS), including dependants; and
i.
Applied up to and including 22 July 2010; and
ii.
Were refused on Maintenance (Funds) only; and
iii.
Are lawfully in the United Kingdom at the time of requesting reconsideration.
b.
Applied for entry clearance under Tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5 of PBS, including dependants; and
i.
Applied between 23 June and 22 July 2010 (inclusive); and
ii.
Were refused on Maintenance (Funds) only.
This instruction does not apply to migrants who applied for either entry clearance, or leave to remain on or after 23 July 2010. Those applications will be considered under the new rules laid before parliament on 22 July (which became law on 23 July 2010).
BACKGROUND
Judgment was given by the Court of Appeal in the Secretary of State for the Home Department v Pankina [2010] EWCA Civ 719 and others on 23 June 2010 in relation to the period which a migrant must hold the requisite amount of funds. The judgment stated that the Maintenance (Funds) assessment must be made in line with the Immigration Rules.
The Immigration Rules only specify that the migrant must hold the required level of funds (specific to the Tier, or sub-Tier which the application was made under) on the day the application was made.
Migrants are likely to fall into one of three categories:
a.
Current applications;
b.
Applications which have been refused without a right of appeal, or have had the appeal dismissed;
c.
Applications currently going through the appeals process.
UKBA accepts that applications submitted and not yet decided as at 23 July 2010 and applications refused on Maintenance (Funds) between 23 June and 22 July 2010 require reconsideration further to the judgment in Secretary of State for the Home Department v Pankina [2010] EWCA Civ 719 and others.
UKBA does not accept that it is under any legal obligation to reconsider previously refused applications where those applications were refused prior to 23 June 2010 further to this judgment.
However, in respect of applications made and refused on maintenance grounds only and where the applicant was lawfully in the United Kingdom at the time the application was made and remains lawfully in the United Kingdom at the time of requesting reconsideration, UKBA proposes by way of this policy to treat those individuals exceptionally and reconsider their applications in line with this judgment where the applicant requests that UKBA do so.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN THE UK
MIGRANTS WITH CURRENT APPLICATIONS FOR FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 23 JULY 2010
Applications should have all attributes considered in line with the published guidance, with the exception of Maintenance (Funds).
As it is unlikely that the migrant will be able to provide evidence that they meet the requirements of the Maintenance (Funds) attribute on the day of application, the attribute will be considered on the following basis.
Migrants are required to demonstrate that they hold the required level of funds (for the entire family) at the closing balance on any one day during the one month period prior to the date of application.
The grant of leave (if appropriate) will confer the same rights and impose the same conditions as specified by the Immigration Rules.
Where the migrant does not meet the requirements set out at paragraph 9, the application for reconsideration will be refused. Reference will be made to the fact that the application has been considered in line with the Secretary of State for the Home Department v Pankina [2010] EWCA Civ 719 and others judgment.
A migrant falling into this category does not need to take any action as their application will be considered automatically in line with this policy.
MIGRANTS WITH APPLICATIONS FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 23 JULY 2010 WHICH HAVE BEEN REFUSED WITHOUT A RIGHT OF APPEAL, OR HAVE HAD THE APPEAL DISMISSED
Migrants wanting to seek remedy to the refusal of their application should write to the casework unit in writing which assessed their application and:
i.
state their Home Office reference number;
ii.
state their current residential address; and
iii.
provide their current valid passport (or relevant travel document) and biometrics card (if applicable).
Migrants must be lawfully in the United Kingdom in order to take advantage of this reconsideration process.
A request by a migrant for a previously refused application to be reconsidered under this policy will be treated as an application to switch from the migrant’s current leave to the leave granted as a consequence of the previously refused application.
Migrants are required to demonstrate that they hold the required level of funds (for the entire family) at the closing balance on any one day during the one month period prior to the date of application
Migrants will be unable to provide additional evidence to support their claim for points. Their request for a review of the decision will be based solely on evidence included with the original application.
The grant of leave (if appropriate) will confer the same rights and impose the same conditions as specified by the Immigration Rules at the time the application was originally decided.
MIGRANTS WITH AN OUTSTANDING APPEAL OR JUDICIAL REVIEW AGAINST THE REFUSAL OF AN APPLICATION FOR FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 23 JULY 2010
Where identified we will withdraw the immigration decision that gave rise to the appeal, or judicial review claim. We will then reconsider the migrant’s case and decide whether they met the requirements of the Maintenance (Funds) attribute which are as follows:
Migrants are required to demonstrate that they hold the required level of funds (for the entire family) at the closing balance on any one day during the one month period prior to the date of application.
The grant of leave (if appropriate) will confer the same rights and impose the same conditions as specified by the Immigration Rules at the time the application was originally decided.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OVERSEAS
CURRENT APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE SUBMITTED BETWEEN 23 JUNE TO 22 JULY 2010 (INCLUSIVE)
Applications should have all attributes considered in line with the published guidance, with the exception of Maintenance (Funds).
As it is unlikely that the applicant will be able to provide evidence that they meet the requirements of the Maintenance (Funds) attribute on the day of application, it will be considered on the following basis.
Applicants are required to demonstrate that they hold the required level of funds at the closing balance on any one day during the one month period prior to the date of application.
The grant of leave (if appropriate) will confer the same rights and impose the same conditions as specified by the Immigration Rules.
The applicant does not need to contact the post which considered their application, as it will be assessed on the policy set out in paragraphs 24-26.
APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE SUBMITTED BETWEEN 23 JUNE TO 22 JULY 2010 (INCLUSIVE) WHICH HAVE BEEN REFUSED AND HAD THEIR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DISMISSED
Applicants wanting to seek remedy to the refusal of their application should contact the entry clearance post which assessed and issued the original decision quoting their reference number and current residential address.
Applicants are required to demonstrate that they hold the required level of funds at the closing balance on any one day during the one month period prior to the date of application.
The review of the refusal will be limited to solely the Maintenance (Funds) attribute.
Applicants will be unable to provide additional evidence to support their claim for points. Their request for a review of the decision will be based solely on evidence included with the original application.
Where the applicant does not meet the requirements set out at paragraph 24, the application should be refused. Specific reference should be made to the fact that the application has been considered in line with the Pankina judgment
If the refusal is maintained following the additional review, a letter should be sent to the applicant confirming the decision. No further action is required.
GENERAL GROUNDS FOR REFUSAL
Where the migrant falls for refusal under General Grounds for refusal in paragraphs 320-322 of the Immigration Rules, we will refuse their application even if it otherwise qualifies under the terms of this policy. This might happen, for example, if the applicant has broken UK immigration law, or acquired a relevant criminal conviction since the refusal of their original application. On all reconsiderations, updated checks will be made with the appropriate government agencies.
DEPENDANTS
The immigration status of dependants of migrants in the categories covered by this policy will follow that of the principle applicant.
RESTRICTIONS
Any restrictions imposed on the migrant’s ability to take employment will follow those which were in place at the time of application, rather than the date of decision.
CLOSING DATE
Migrants will have until 22 June 2011 to take advantage of the proposed remedies.
This document should be used until it is updated in due course.

osas2011
Newly Registered

PSW REVIEW PROCESS

Post by osas2011 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Refusals based on the points-based system’s maintenance (funds) requirement

23 July 2010

If you have been refused permission to enter or stay in the UK (known as 'entry clearance' and 'leave to remain') solely because you failed to meet the maintenance (funds) requirement of your points-based system application, you may wish to request a review of your case.

Following the judgments in the cases of Secretary of State for the Home Department v Pankina [2010] EWCA Civ 719, we have put transitional arrangements and remedies in place for migrants who:

submitted applications abroad for entry clearance between 23 June and 22 July 2010 inclusive; or
submitted applications for leave to remain on or before 22 July 2010, when they had lawful status in the UK.
If your application was unsuccessful and submitted within the above timeframes, you can ask us to review the original decision to refuse your application. To request a review, you must write to the casework team or entry clearance post which issued the decision. Our policy guidance document (PDF, 180KB opens in a new window) sets out the review criteria and describes the information that you must include when requesting a review. This document will be updated in due course.

Applicants have until 22 June 2011 to request a review.

If you currently have a live application with the UK Border Agency, it will be automatically considered in line with the revised policy.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Dear Ossas:

Thanks for your advise. If it in not any problem that I am in my home country, I will send the letter and support documents as you suggested.

Also, I was thinking that if is not possible to apply in my home country. I would apply here for a tourist visa in The UK and apply for a revision in The UK. However, i do not not if for them it will be a problem that I will ask for a revision having a tourist visa. Because in the policy guidancy they said that to ask for a revision inside the UK, the applicant must to have a legal status in The UK. They does not specify which legal status and tourist visa is a legal status.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Stay in UK as a visitor is definitely legal status in UK. But whether UK laws allow you request a review of an previously refused application when in UK as a visitor is not known. Therefore, I would suggest that you contact UKBA to seek further details on the matter, before spending so much money and effort ... which, at this point, you are not sure will bear any fruit at all.

IMHO ...

regards

osas2011
Newly Registered

Re: PSW REVIEW PROCESS

Post by osas2011 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:47 am

Hi there Lailita, I don,t know about u coming to the Uk on Visit Visa, I would advice u call UKBA to make more inquiries. its not worht u spending money on a journey that may turn out to be a waste. Call UKBA and make more inquaries.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

One of my friends in The UK is trying to call the UKBA, but it has been very difficult to communicate with them. Last week I sent an e-mail to The UKBA, but the replied with an automatic reply, which says that everything in the website.

So, I contacted a student agency in London. They are going to call to the UKBA, to see what can I do

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Lalita, you will need to put in a new application, because it clearly says that if you had applied from within the UK and were rejected due to mainainance funds, you can only apply for reconsideration if you are still lawfully in the U.K.

In your case, you left the country, because you didn't want to overstay! So wallah, you need to re-apply all over again.

I had the same trouble last year in August, was refused visa because of Maintainance funds. My funds had dipped only for a couple of days. Anyway, I went to appeal, represented myself, and the appeal was dismissed as well. I flew back in a couple of days later.

Hope all goes well for you, best of luck.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Dear Ehmud:

The agency in London called the UKBA. I cannot do anything. I cannot ask for a revision if I have a turism visa.

So, I will made a new application form in my Home country.