ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On Tier 2, lost job after 3 months, should apply for tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

onlooker

On Tier 2, lost job after 3 months, should apply for tier 1?

Post by onlooker » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:34 am

I was sponsored to do a 50K/year job, but lost it (it was a small company and the second founder whom I met very briefly before arrival, didn't like me as a person.) With earnings in my home country, I do score enough points, though. Is it worth it to apply? I'm not sure, because my cause doesn't look good. Would appreciate any advice.

ukswus

Re: On Tier 2, lost job after 3 months, should apply for tie

Post by ukswus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 am

onlooker wrote:I was sponsored to do a 50K/year job, but lost it (it was a small company and the second founder whom I met very briefly before arrival, didn't like me as a person.) With earnings in my home country, I do score enough points, though. Is it worth it to apply? I'm not sure, because my cause doesn't look good. Would appreciate any advice.
Can you say in a bit more detail, what is not good about your case?

wire
Newly Registered

Re: On Tier 2, lost job after 3 months, should apply for tie

Post by wire » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:04 pm

onlooker wrote:I was sponsored to do a 50K/year job, but lost it (it was a small company and the second founder whom I met very briefly before arrival, didn't like me as a person.) With earnings in my home country, I do score enough points, though. Is it worth it to apply? I'm not sure, because my cause doesn't look good. Would appreciate any advice.
So what is stopping you? If you have enough points then you should probably go ahead applying for the tier 1 visa.

It really doesnt matter if you hold a job or have lost one.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Tier 1 assessment is not based on any reason or "cause". So don't worry about not being able to apply for Tier 1 'coz you lost a job in 3 months. Forget about it and plan for the future.

If you qualify and can submit documentary evidence as required, please apply for Tier 1 without delay.

Since your sponsored job has ended, it is likely that your (ex)employer will inform UKBA about it and your leave will then be curtailed by UKBA. So, get things ready and apply for Tier 1 before your leave expires.

And, cheer up! :)

regards