ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved, Visa Stamped - but not making a move now..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mann
Newly Registered

HSMP Approved, Visa Stamped - but not making a move now..

Post by Mann » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:04 am

Hi All,

This may be a strange case but I need some advise.

I am writing from the USA. I have got my HSMP approved and also my visa stamped sometime back. I am eligible to move to UK from Aug 2005. I already made a short trip to UK but could not find a good job and came back in US.

I am doing a nice job here and would like to plan back for my UK sometime in Mar/Apr 2006 as I dont want to loose the HSMP opportunity.

Now following are my doubts on how my case will move.
1) If I plan to move to UK again in Mar/Apr 2006, I will be left with only few (four) months when my current HSMP visa will expire (end of July 2006). Infact I have to apply for extension 2 months before that.
I would like to know possible reactions of Home office while filing for extension in this case.

2) Is it possible to get another HSMP approval based on my existing one but with new entry dates so that I get more time to plan my move to UK in well manner. Or I will have to apply completely in fresh.

3) If I plan to apply a fresh sometime later, is there any possiblity of hinderances as I had not properly utilized my already HSMP approval.

I hope you understand my situation. Please advise and revert for any further information.

Regards,
Mann

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:41 pm

1) If I plan to move to UK again in Mar/Apr 2006, I will be left with only few (four) months when my current HSMP visa will expire (end of July 2006). Infact I have to apply for extension 2 months before that.
I would like to know possible reactions of Home office while filing for extension in this case.
If the case worker is not satisfied with you attempt to settle down here and start working then they may extend your visa by only another year and not three years as is normally the case.
2) Is it possible to get another HSMP approval based on my existing one but with new entry dates so that I get more time to plan my move to UK in well manner. Or I will have to apply completely in fresh.
No, not on the basis of your exisiting one. It would have to be a new HSMP application.
3) If I plan to apply a fresh sometime later, is there any possiblity of hinderances as I had not properly utilized my already HSMP approval.
No, it will not be a problem

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:13 pm

Mann,

In addition to Mwazir's comments perhaps worth reviewing if you will face the same 'lack of a nice job' problem with the 2nd HSMP. Is it a lack of jobs in your field or the presentation of your CV (aka resume in NA)? Inevitably moving to a new country often means taking a step back in your career. Understandably for many this is a bitter pill to swallow.

Note that the original ethos of the HSMP programme = creme da la creme of global talent has been totally lost resulting in a significant disjoint between the labour market and the government's HSMP policy. For example the UK has enough computer programmers in most applications. As such you would not ordinarily get an employer to sponsor a work permit in the field but you can get into the UK as a programmer on a HSMP - you arrive and the job market is saturated. Applicants then complain about the HSMP and being misinformed. In contrast the UK has a severe shortage of skilled trades e.g. plumbers, electricians but these people don't qualify for the HSMP.

In many ways the HSMP is the UK's mirror of Canada's skilled worker class. The only difference is that in the latter you obtain permanent residence upon arrival.

In summary unless you are willing to stick it out in the UK then perhaps a move will end up with the same result....at least you tried it out and don't have to ask yourself 'what if'. Many people stick it out until they obtain citizenship then they can always return back in the future without restrictions.

Mann
Newly Registered

Post by Mann » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks Mwazir and Kayalami,

I understand that things may be the same next time but there are some personal reasons as well not allowing me to come before Mar/Apr which looks too late for getting extn of another 3 years when this HSMP expires.

Last time when I came was only for 3 weeks and obviously not enough time to try all my lucks. I am also an IT professional and got good number of interviews but could not materialize anything concrete.

I guess, I would be making another try in Mar/Apr 06 and would be fine for me even if I can manage to get one year extension at the end of expiry of current HSMP. Just out of curiosity, will I be able to get subsequent extensions for more than one year later on or its just extended one time only after initial HSMP.

Guys, you really doing a good job by advising your experts but I was wondering where do you get this info from. Is it all based on experiences or documented anywhere and how much correct is the info.

Regards,
Mann

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:33 am

Mann,
I think you should read previous posts on this forum.. then you will see whether the advises/opinions given are based on experience, facts or information.
If you have taken time to do some leg work, you will have noticed most people get their issues sorted out thru valuable opinions from the mods and other contributors. :shock:

If the info were not correct a lot of people wont be joining this forum now would they??? do the maths
My bow has been renewed

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:10 pm

Yodi

I'm game here, I perfectly agree with you, urgh!!!!!! :roll:

Mann

If you don't have enough confidence in the info around here, why bother to ask.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."