ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i challenge the decision against my Discretionary leave?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramio20
Newly Registered

can i challenge the decision against my Discretionary leave?

Post by ramio20 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:47 am

hello friends

Im a legacy case and i received a Discretionary leave to remain(DLR) for 3 Years.

i want to know if any callenge the decision of this DLR??

here is my story ,im legacy case , came in 2004 and applied for asylum then refused and exhausted all appeal.

i received then DLR for 3 Years with out telling me any reasons or back grounds for this grant.

does any one know if i can challenge this decision because DLR for legacy cases are given indefinite leave to remain while my DLR was considered under a regional team and was given for only 3 Years

any one has any experience or suggestion or advice ??
thank you all in advance

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: can i challenge the decision against my Discretionary le

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:49 pm

ramio20 wrote:hello friends

Im a legacy case and i received a Discretionary leave to remain(DLR) for 3 Years.

i want to know if any callenge the decision of this DLR??

here is my story ,im legacy case , came in 2004 and applied for asylum then refused and exhausted all appeal.

i received then DLR for 3 Years with out telling me any reasons or back grounds for this grant.

does any one know if i can challenge this decision because DLR for legacy cases are given indefinite leave to remain while my DLR was considered under a regional team and was given for only 3 Years

any one has any experience or suggestion or advice ??
thank you all in advance
You are right people generally on Legacy are given ILR.I belive in yours case DL is given due to length of time you have spend in UK.

You or yours solicitor can write a letter and can ask why you have not been given ILR or is this a mistake.

No harm in asking.

Ali

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi

Found this link and hope it answers your question

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=legacy

Mary