ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MOVING TO IRELAND - IT Contractor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joh
Newly Registered

MOVING TO IRELAND - IT Contractor

Post by joh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get IT JOB in dublin. I am sure i will get. I am a british citizen. I am curious to know the following details.

1.My son he is starting primary school this year september. how the schooling system work.

2.how the heath system work?. in UK, nhs is free.

3.what is the taxing system. if i earn 5000 euro per month, how much take home i will take?.

Please help me out.
Thanks,
Joh.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: MOVING TO IRELAND - IT Contractor

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi joh,
joh wrote:1.My son he is starting primary school this year september. how the schooling system work.
Schooling is free. Books and exams are chargeable at secondary level, not sure about primary.
joh wrote:2.how the heath system work?. in UK, nhs is free.
Health system is chargeable except (generally speaking) for low income families.
joh wrote:3.what is the taxing system. if i earn 5000 euro per month, how much take home i will take?.
CitizensInformation.ie should cover everything you need to know. This page should start you off.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

doesnotcompute

Re: MOVING TO IRELAND - IT Contractor

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 pm

joh wrote:3.what is the taxing system. if i earn 5000 euro per month, how much take home i will take?.
Depends on your marital status, personal circumstances, etc. You may be entitled to certain credits, allowances, etc depending on your circumstances. Also if you're married, you are allowed earn more before being taxed at a higher rate of tax. And you chose to be taxed as a married couple, or as two seperate individuals.