ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal for my husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shaina30
Newly Registered

Appeal for my husband

Post by Shaina30 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi,
I'm wanting to clarify details regrading an upcomming appeal hearing which as yet I have no date for, i filed the appeal for my husband who is in Pakistan. I filed the appeal via my legal representative on April 2010 following a refusal under para 320 (11).

I wanted to firstly ask if i could in any way chase the date of this appeal?

Also what the proceedure will be in court , as i had a really bad experience with the judge when i applied for his bail in Wales prior to him going to Pakistan. He did not consider anything our barrister had to say.

Will this time be different? (we were not married at the time)
Will i get a reponse at the same time?

Thanks
S

batleykhan

Re: Appeal for my husband

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Shaina30 wrote:Hi,
I'm wanting to clarify details regrading an upcomming appeal hearing which as yet I have no date for, i filed the appeal for my husband who is in Pakistan. I filed the appeal via my legal representative on April 2010 following a refusal under para 320 (11).

It normally takes 6 months to get such a hearing.You will probally hear about the date of hearing around mid September.

Also what the proceedure will be in court , as i had a really bad experience with the judge when i applied for his bail in Wales prior to him going to Pakistan. He did not consider anything our barrister had to say.

An appeal hearing is much more informal than an hearing in a magistrate court,. The Adjudicator ( judge) is a good listener and usually sympathetic to the applicant, however your case is more complicated because of the section your hubby was refused. Not knowing full circumstances of refusal difficult to say what outcome may be

The best thing to do to get an atmosphere of what it is like and what goes on this type of court, why dont you go and sit at back of teh court and listen and see what goes on. Its a public court, anybody can go and look and listen as to what goes on.

You might get to know of outcome of your case at end of hearing, if not the decision will be sent to you within 2 weeks of hearing

Thanks
S

Shaina30
Newly Registered

Post by Shaina30 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks for your kind reply, you have really put my mind at ease.
I just hope that the hearing goes well although its in November... so still a looooong time.

GOD bless u xx

uma103
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal for my husband

Post by uma103 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Shaina30 wrote:Hi,

It normally takes 6 months to get such a hearing.You will probally hear about the date of hearing around mid September.

An appeal hearing is much more informal than an hearing in a magistrate court,. The Adjudicator ( judge) is a good listener and usually sympathetic to the applicant, however your case is more complicated because of the section your hubby was refused. Not knowing full circumstances of refusal difficult to say what outcome may be

The best thing to do to get an atmosphere of what it is like and what goes on this type of court, why dont you go and sit at back of teh court and listen and see what goes on. Its a public court, anybody can go and look and listen as to what goes on.

You might get to know of outcome of your case at end of hearing, if not the decision will be sent to you within 2 weeks of hearing

Thanks
S

Hi batleykhan,

I heard that most of the time Respondent (UKBA) dont bother turning up .. Is that true ??

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 am

Yes I have known that to have happened a lot. Last time that I went they didnt even let their own officer know that they had withdrew the appeal 2 days before hearing. Poor girl had to check up on their computer at the court to find out result. The adjudicator was less than pleased though

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

batleykhan wrote:Yes I have known that to have happened a lot. Last time that I went they didnt even let their own officer know that they had withdrew the appeal 2 days before hearing. Poor girl had to check up on their computer at the court to find out result. The adjudicator was less than pleased though
In this case do you think its worth ringing Post (In my case its Abu Dhabi) to check what happening with my appeal ??

Just a brief background : My Mrs visa was refused as Post think i not got enough funds (Min £556 form last three months) available in my account and the reason thay gave is my bank statement was 8 days old ( We were also miss advised by Gerrys in Pakistan to submitt the back statement even if its a few days old) ..... Clearly there were more than ennough funds in my account and i applead againest the decision with all my upto date back statement which can prove my balance never went below the required ammount.