ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reqd advice on Accomod'n Proof for Family Visitor on VAF1B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d152902
Newly Registered

Reqd advice on Accomod'n Proof for Family Visitor on VAF1B

Post by d152902 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:40 am

Hi,
I am a Tier 1 (G) immigrant here and stay along with my wife and kid (2 years) as my dependent.

However since my wife has a got a job in Central London and which we have to join it may be in 3 weeks max, I have an urgency to get my Mother in Law (Indian resident) to come here for couple of months to get the things settled down for us.

I currently stay in a one bedroom apartment.
I have read through Accomodation posts and I am aware about the rules related to the accomodation crowding!. However will it be okay, if I apply now with a cover letter saying that I am staying in the 1 Bed room apartment ? I am desperately searching for a accomodation which will be minimum 2 Bed room and I will be planning to shift there as soon as i get it. I have got no time left to first search accomodation and then apply for a Family Visa.

Even though my tenancy agreement at the current location got over in May, I have some recent communication from the council regarding the Council tax. I also have Utilities bill , but they are 2 months old. Since I have set up a Direct Deposit, I do not get too many bill at my address. However I am full with Payslips and Bank Statements which are latest.

Would really appreciate some quick advice around this.. :)

Best Regards,
D

d152902
Newly Registered

Re: Reqd advice on Accomod'n Proof for Family Visitor on VAF

Post by d152902 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:08 am

d152902 wrote:Hi,
I am a Tier 1 (G) immigrant here and stay along with my wife and kid (2 years) as my dependent.

However since my wife has a got a job in Central London and which we have to join it may be in 3 weeks max, I have an urgency to get my Mother in Law (Indian resident) to come here for couple of months to get the things settled down for us.

I currently stay in a one bedroom apartment.
I have read through Accomodation posts and I am aware about the rules related to the accomodation crowding!. However will it be okay, if I apply now with a cover letter saying that I am staying in the 1 Bed room apartment ? I am desperately searching for a accomodation which will be minimum 2 Bed room and I will be planning to shift there as soon as i get it. I have got no time left to first search accomodation and then apply for a Family Visa.

Even though my tenancy agreement at the current location got over in May, I have some recent communication from the council regarding the Council tax. I also have Utilities bill , but they are 2 months old. Since I have set up a Direct Deposit, I do not get too many bill at my address. However I am full with Payslips and Bank Statements which are latest.

Would really appreciate some quick advice around this.. :)

Best Regards,
D
Any expert opinion / advice here please ? Would really appreciate if I hear about similar case.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 pm

The accommodation in my opinion is insufficient for3 adults and I child. It will be deemed to be overcrowded and if ECO picks up on it, will almost certainly end in a refusal.

If on the other hand he doesnt pick up on it and providing other evidence and documents are all ok, you might just get away with it. The chances of this are slim though. :(

d152902
Newly Registered

Post by d152902 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 pm

batleykhan wrote:The accommodation in my opinion is insufficient for3 adults and I child. It will be deemed to be overcrowded and if ECO picks up on it, will almost certainly end in a refusal.

If on the other hand he doesnt pick up on it and providing other evidence and documents are all ok, you might just get away with it. The chances of this are slim though. :(
Thanks a lot...

Now if I cut down the stay of my relative to 15 days and she shows the accomodation in a hotel which she will be paying for, will I have to show any hotel booking in advance before the visa ?

Also will the visa be then granted for 6 months ?

many thanks and regards,
D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:25 pm

d152902 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:The accommodation in my opinion is insufficient for3 adults and I child. It will be deemed to be overcrowded and if ECO picks up on it, will almost certainly end in a refusal.

Thanks a lot...

Now if I cut down the stay of my relative to 15 days and she shows the accomodation in a hotel which she will be paying for, will I have to show any hotel booking in advance before the visa ?

Also will the visa be then granted for 6 months ?

many thanks and regards,
D
I dont think the above is a good idea as I detect some deceit in this action of your. The ECO will pick this up. I dont think the ECO will believe your mother in law is going to spend so much of hers(or yours) hard earned money just to spend 15 days in UK. It simply doesnt happen with a family visit. It might be with a tourist or business but not family.

Furthermore there is no guarantee even if the ECO is satisfied with what ever arrangements you may have made if he believes that your M.I.L will not return back to India.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but I think you are going to find it difficult to get your m.i.l here to teh UK in your present circumstances. I hope I may be wrong but I thought I'd give you my honest opinion having dealt with numerous such cases

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

It may be more clever to get a 2 bedroom flat and once she is here go back into a 1 bed as you clearly believe this is sufficient for 4 (though its hard to see how can a 1 bedroom flat accomodate 4 people), but the ECO will definetly pick upon your deceit, and you may be wasting time and money...