ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country Code - Help Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Country Code - Help Needed

Post by Ozzee » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:15 pm

Dear All,

I have earned my salary for the past 8 months in Maldives, now i am back in my home country Pakistan and i m not working here till now, which country code should i give for calculating my past earnings, Pakistan or Maldives.

Ozzee

[Moderator edit (John) : Topics with non-descriptive subjects such as "Help Needed" rarely get the attention they deserve. Accordingly I have added something a little bit more helpful.]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:26 pm

OK, the earnings. Normally that would be defined by the country in which the money is earned.

The only exception to that is where someone is seconded from a high-wage country to a low-wage country. For example, and clearly not your facts, if someone normally living in the USA is seconded to say Pakistan and retains their USA level of earnings even when working in Pakistan, in that circumstance it is the USA that counts and not Pakistan.

Apart from that sort of situation, enter the country in which the earnings occur.
Last edited by John on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzee » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:37 pm