ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Validity at time of entry into UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Midas
Newly Registered

Passport Validity at time of entry into UK

Post by Midas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Guys i may be off topic here or asking very stupid question. My advance apologise . I have searched the board and the UKBA website but couldnt get firm answer.

I am on tier 1 and my passport will be expiring after 5 months from the first entry into UK. Am i safe with it or would be refused entry. Please provide me link to substantiate your reply.

Would much appreciate your guidance.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Make sure you get it re-issued it before travelling if possible. Otherwise you could try for re-issue at Indian Embassies in UK.

Shepherd

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:13 pm

You may enter UK with your current passport (with remaining validity of 5 months at time of entry). No problem as there is no such restrictions for PBS migrants.

It is your wish whether you want to have your passport re-issued from home country before your travel to UK (in this case carry both passports when you travel - one with EC and the new one) or get it re-issued from your country's embassy in the UK after arriving here.

regards

Midas
Newly Registered

Post by Midas » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

Thank you Guys.
Just wondering if there is any official link i can look at?

Cheers