ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for British passport/naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mike100
Newly Registered

apply for British passport/naturalization

Post by Mike100 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Hello

first i wont to thank everyone for thy help, it is helpful ! that way i got my ILR in Croydon in 3 hour.

i wont to ask regarding applying for British passport . i have receive my ILR this may on a basis of marriage to a British.

and wont to apply for British passport next year . my questions are :

1. when i apply for the ILR i was unemployed but had enough money to support me and my wife so that was fine .
is it be the same with the passport application? or i need to work ?

2. how many days i can spend out side of the UK during this year and still be abele to apply next may(2011)? and is it going to delay the date of the application ?

3. last and most tricky one for me , my wife(witch is British i am NOT) have some family issues and will need to stay out side of the UK probably most of the year we will still stay marred and be in touch as much as we can . but is this issue can affect my application ?

Kind regards ,

I do apologize for my English writing skills .

beeba

Re: apply for British passport/naturalization

Post by beeba » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Mike100 wrote:Hello

first i wont to thank everyone for thy help, it is helpful ! that way i got my ILR in Croydon in 3 hour.

i wont to ask regarding applying for British passport . i have receive my ILR this may on a basis of marriage to a British.

and wont to apply for British passport next year . my questions are :

1. when i apply for the ILR i was unemployed but had enough money to support me and my wife so that was fine .
is it be the same with the passport application? or i need to work ?

2. how many days i can spend out side of the UK during this year and still be abele to apply next may(2011)? and is it going to delay the date of the application ?

3. last and most tricky one for me , my wife(witch is British i am NOT) have some family issues and will need to stay out side of the UK probably most of the year we will still stay marred and be in touch as much as we can . but is this issue can affect my application ?

Kind regards ,

I do apologize for my English writing skills .
You will have to apply for Naturalisation first and after becoming British Citizen then you can apply for Passport.

According to the current rules:

1. No you dont need to show that you are working.

2. 90 days in the last 12 months before applying for Naturalisation.

3. Not sure about your 3rd question but I GUESS it wont effect your application, but for Naturalisation you will have to show that your marriage is existing and you will have to send your wife's passport, proof of marriage, along with your passport and application form.

by the way on what date did you arrive in the UK. Very first time?
Rgds.

Mike100
Newly Registered

Thanks for the quick reply

Post by Mike100 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 pm

I first came to the UK on a spouse (settlement)visa on the 22nd of July,2008 so how should I calculate it?

Do you think there's another resource I could check regarding my 3rd question?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

beeba

Re: Thanks for the quick reply

Post by beeba » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Mike100 wrote:I first came to the UK on a spouse (settlement)visa on the 22nd of July,2008 so how should I calculate it?

Do you think there's another resource I could check regarding my 3rd question?

Thanks a lot,

Mike
You cannot apply for Naturalisation before 22 July 2011. Click below to see the requirements.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/