ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geezer
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa

Post by geezer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Dear All,
My brother is a UK citizen and I am on Tier 1, we are both working here. Our dad is from Sri Lanka but working in Nigeria. Our mum passed away recently and our dad wanted to visit us here.

He applied for a visitor visa, for 6 months, but travel plan of staying here for 6 weeks. Sadly it got rejected and he has 28 days to appeal.

The reason it was rejected is;
1. He has no family in Nigeria, since our mum passed away
2. Not enough money (despite him have £20K in savings) and my brother saying he will provide lodge and spend upto £1,000 during his stay on him.
3. The 2 of us here so he won't go back.

Is this worthwhile appealing or do we both go and visit him rather than he coming here.

If we are to appeal, how do we go about doing it, as in what points to raise. What are your experiences. I will clarify any questions.
Thanks a lot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Evidence showing strong ties with country of residence or citizenship and intention to return is one key aspect that you must address in your appeal or fresh application. e.g. - employment, estate, investments etc.

Single, with all children in the UK, and only cash savings (which can be transferred anywhere) as evidence, IMHO, ECO found it hard to believe that your father would return from the UK.

regards

geezer
Newly Registered

Post by geezer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything that can be done to improve the situation?

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

may be you can prove that your father is working there and he needs to go back to work.

This could possible be a point to argue.