ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation- Urgent what to do!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj

Accomodation- Urgent what to do!!

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:22 am

Hi All,

Have got my HSMP extension, getting married soon and need to bring my wife from my home country on dependent visa.

I shared a house and pay £95 per week, my room is master bedroom and sufficient for couple. HOWEVER, this house has been rented by 1 main tenent hence, the contract with landlord is in his name.

He further subletted this house to 3 other tenents including me, I have got no agreement from him, he has just written on a plane paper about the rent rate, start date, 2 weeks notice from either side and deposit taken. He has signed on this plain paper.

apart from this I have got no accomodation contract which is asked by UK empbassy in my country for giving the dependent visa to my wife.

I do not even get the rent receipts from him.

please suggest what to do!! I am really worring abt the complexity which might be arising in absence of a formal rent agreement between myself and the main tanent.

is there any alternate to this situation or any other best ways to handle this.

please help!!

regds
Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:26 am

please suggest what to do!!
I think you might struggle to pass the accommodation test, based upon what you write.

So my suggestion is .... move! Get better documentation ... including written permission for your wife to move in.
John

raj

Any other thoughts please

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:38 am

Moving is not a suitable option!!

I just moved in this house 1 week before!! please suggest any other alternate.

regds
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:08 pm

Raj

I am sorry to say this, but i don't know how you want to convince the ECO that you have appropriate accommodation and that you are not squatting when you don't have any formal or written contract/agreement in your name. This will be like 'passing a Camel through the eye of a needle'.

Since you knew that your wife will soon be coming over to join you, you shouldn't have gone ahead to take up a room share without written contract and agreement.

I am afraid you might not be able to do much about this until you have a written evidence to show for your accommodation arrangement in UK.

You can check up on www.rightmove.co.uk, they have flat shares being advertised by agents. I guess agents should be able to give you a written contract and receipt for your transactions than an Individual Landlord.

Please other people on the forum should react to this, if there is any other way out for Raj.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

raj

Kaya please help!

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:13 pm

I have relatives who lives in London and Menchester and they owns properties, I have friend in Milton kyenes who owns the property too.

Will it work If I arrange a letter from them confirming that I and my wife will be staying with them once my wife will be given entery clearence, and property has sufficient place to accomodate us.

do u think this letter will work! please note that I would not be having any bank statement or bills of the new/future address at the time of applying entery clearance for my wife!

awaiting your kind response.

regds

raj

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:46 pm

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm

I have relatives who lives in London and Manchester and they owns properties, I have friend in Milton Keynes who owns the property too.
Raj, where do you work? It is not very helpful if you are working in London, for example, to show the accommodation is in Manchester!

Subject to that, yes it might be OK to show you will be living with relatives, but even so I think that might be a little strange given that you live in the UK already.

If you have just moved into your current address then I have to say that you appear to have done so without any consideration of the accommodation test that will need to be passed in order to get your wife her visa. You say two weeks notice needed. I say give that two weeks notice and find something a bit more suitable!

Finally your posting at 1.46pm less than 2.5 hours after starting this topic ... I think you need to be reminded that no one here gets paid for posting. Posting reminders like that will see your postings removed!
John

raj

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Appologies for my earlier reminder John!

Yes I am working in central london. I must acknowledge that I made a mistake and didn't consider this accomodation test thing due to I was having less time to switch my home to new place due to my earlier landlord gave me 1 week notice as agreed to switch to new home as they have sold that house.

as you are suggesting that I should look for new accomodation which provides the formal agreement, is it possible that instead of moving right now I will move to that type of accomodation just weeks before when I would be getting married i.e. in May 2006 in India.

Ok let me explain a bit more!

My fiance is currently in UK on work permit (in new castle) and I am on HSMP in London. We both would be going to India in May 2006 for getting married. She will leave her job before going to India and will get the dependant visa through me on my HSMP Status. Then she will join me in London and will look for a job in London.

So does it really make a difference if I get into tanancy agreemenet type accomodation right now or I get into tanancy agreement type accomodation just weeks before going to India let say from April 2006.

Considering there would be around £300 per month difference If I move into tanancy agreement type accomodation right now. Currently I pay £425 per month and then I might need to pay £725 per month.

Your kind advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raj

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:35 pm

Raj, you are worried unecessarily.

You can get the apartment when u are ready to get married
..april 2006 is a while away
My bow has been renewed

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:40 pm

So does it really make a difference if I get into tenancy agreement type accommodation right now or I get into tenancy agreement type accommodation just weeks before going to India let say from April 2006.
I think that as long as the needed evidence is there at the time that the visa application is made, then that is OK. It might be best to actually move into the new accommodation before you fly out for the wedding. That way you could take a few pictures of the place to give more confidence to the ECO considering the visa application.

So maybe you should plan to move into the new accommodation in say April. And either get you and your good lady both named on the tenancy agreement (which would confirm both of you can live there) or alternatively if it is in your sole name, you must get written confirmation that your wife can move in.
John

raj

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:41 pm

yodi

thanks very much for your reply, this is what I also feels so.

Nothing to offend you but since this is a matter which can turn down my spouse EC hence to be safter side I would request few more views from other experts as well.

again thanks a lot.

regds
Raj

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:02 pm

as you are suggesting that I should look for new accomodation which provides the formal agreement, is it possible that instead of moving right now I will move to that type of accomodation just weeks before when I would be getting married i.e. in May 2006 in India.
Yes it is possible to do that. I moved to a new apartment 40 days before getting married. I was sharing an accomodation as a bacehelor, did not want to do that when I was get married, and moved into a new house before leaving for India. EC would not have a problem with that. After all your payslips will prove you can look after yourself and your dependents. If possible, apart from your religious cermonies, get a proper registered marriage certificate (for that you will both have to apply in advance), keep all your payslips and bank statements and take them to India with you. The EC should be a cakewalk for you. My spouse and the spouses of many people I know on work permits/HSMP with permanent jobs had their dependent visas in a day from India.

raj

Thanks Mwazir

Post by raj » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:36 pm

MWazir,

thank you very much for your response.

could you please also advice:

1) how much bank balance do I need to show for my wife getting the dependent VISA
2) what is the procedure for applying and getting marriage registration certificate, as I will be getting married in Delhi.

look forward to hearing from you

regds
Raj

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:46 pm

1) how much bank balance do I need to show for my wife getting the dependent VISA
I dont know about that. I didnt show a great deal of money in my current account. I had just got married, needless to say a good portion of my savings went in it. I still didnt have a problem with the EC. To be on the safe side I had taken the last 12 year payslips and bank statements but ended up submitting only the last 6 months
2) what is the procedure for applying and getting marriage registration certificate, as I will be getting married in Delhi.
You can opt for a civil marriage, often incorrectly referred to as a "court marriage," under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Provisions in the Act govern civil marriages and require no religious ritual or ceremony of any kind. The necessary requirement is that the persons intending to marry inform the marriage officer of the district in which at least one of them lives. The marriage officer then posts the information on a public notice board and keeps it up for 30 days. During those 30 days, any person can object to the marriage on grounds such as the intended bride is under age or that she is too closely related to the bridegroom or that she has been married before. If no valid objections are received, the couple signs a declaration in the marriage office in the presence of three witnesses. The marriage officer then issues a certificate of marriage to the couple as proof of the marriage. The facts that I like about the Special Marriage Act is that with the couple both belong to the same religion then continue to be governed by the same personal law (i.e HPL, MPL) and if they belong to differrent religions it is governed by the Indian Personal Law. Local embassies like BHC in India have no problem recognising it.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:59 pm

I dont know about that. I didnt show a great deal of money in my current account.
As I understand it there is no fixed amount of money that the ECO will be looking for. It is as "simple" as providing sufficient proof that the person applying for the visa will not need to claim certain public funds. As everyone's financial circumstances are different it is impossible to come up with a fixed amount of money being sufficient, or not.

The ECO will look at the overall financial situation and not just the amount of savings. Accordingly the level of earnings of the sponsor might be important, and possibly the earning capacity of the person seeking the visa.
John