ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In need of info about MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lena-C
Newly Registered

In need of info about MN1 application

Post by Lena-C » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi,

I can never reach smb in UKBA when phoning them. So hopefully will here some advice here.

My husband and I have two children( a 4year old child and a 4month old baby), both born in UK before my husband got ILR under Long residency category. I'm still his dependant under previous category(Tier4).

1)Can I, rather than my husband, make an application for registering our children as British citizens personally in Croydon with MN1?

2)Is the price the same as for sending application by post (£470+£97 in our case)?

3)Do we need to show just my husband's passport or mine as well? Do we also need to show marriage certificate? Anything else?(apart from Birth Certificates, obviously)

4) The hardest probably is finding referees. We recently moved to another area and changed surgery. I even can't imagine myself asking either GP or Health Visitor for their passport details as I've seen them just twice. Out of the appointments we had with them I'm almost sure they won't agree to sign anything.
Are those referees that important for children of under school age?

It seems like my children go under entitlement category. Can they still be refused because of absence of referees?

Please, give me so much needed advice...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 pm

1/ By 'personnally' applying in Croydon, i assume you mean you taking the application to the NCS who will check the applicatons and post it for you? I am not sure if you can, you would need to call Croydon NCS to be sure.

2/ i think you may be thinking that there is a premium service for these applications. The service offered by the NCS is a checking service, they will still post the application on your behalf. There is a fee for this service on top of the application fees which you qouted. I think Croydon council charge £25 per child

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... e/#header1

3/ Marriage cert not necessary, but if you have it handy and are going to the NCS then there is no harm in taking it. Your husbands passport is essiental as he is the one with ILR. No other docs needed really, just birth cert and passport of a parent with ILR.

4/ See my experience http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944 i didnt use referees and it was successful. you could try to get friends of yours who know your kids to act as referees. For the type of resgistration you are applying under (section 1(3) entitlement) you should be able to get away without referees

The only problem might getting NCS who will accept your kids applications without referees. If you go postal you should not have a problem

Also you posted this in the wrong forum. it should be in British Citizenship. Moderators please move

Lena-C
Newly Registered

Post by Lena-C » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:36 am

f2k wrote:1/ By 'personnally' applying in Croydon, i assume you mean you taking the application to the NCS who will check the applicatons and post it for you? I am not sure if you can, you would need to call Croydon NCS to be sure.

2/ i think you may be thinking that there is a premium service for these applications. The service offered by the NCS is a checking service, they will still post the application on your behalf. There is a fee for this service on top of the application fees which you qouted. I think Croydon council charge £25 per child

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... e/#header1

3/ Marriage cert not necessary, but if you have it handy and are going to the NCS then there is no harm in taking it. Your husbands passport is essiental as he is the one with ILR. No other docs needed really, just birth cert and passport of a parent with ILR.

4/ See my experience http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944 i didnt use referees and it was successful. you could try to get friends of yours who know your kids to act as referees. For the type of resgistration you are applying under (section 1(3) entitlement) you should be able to get away without referees

The only problem might getting NCS who will accept your kids applications without referees. If you go postal you should not have a problem

Also you posted this in the wrong forum. it should be in British Citizenship. Moderators please move
Thanks a lot. That's really helpful. As I understood, there is no premium, one just can post applications either on their own or with the help of NCS? For some reason I thought one can go personally. Another thing, would 1 referee not professional be fine, as I can't think of any other British professional, who would freely give their passport details?

Sorry for mixing forums, a newbie in here. I'm looking for the answers on few queries and could by mistake ask on a wrong one. :oops:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm

thats correct its either post your self or NCS.

looks i may have made a mistake in my earlier post. you may need a marriage cert if your older child was born before 1 July 2010. If born after then the birth cert's will be enough so long the father is named in the certificate.

I have attached the caseworker guidance notes for category your children qualify under. have a read of everything that comes under Section 1(3) dont worry too much about the others.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

with the refs 1 has to be a professional (of any nationality) but the 2nd doesnt need to be, s/he needs to British though who is either a professional or above 25 years

Lena-C
Newly Registered

Post by Lena-C » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:08 am

f2k wrote:thats correct its either post your self or NCS.

looks i may have made a mistake in my earlier post. you may need a marriage cert if your older child was born before 1 July 2010. If born after then the birth cert's will be enough so long the father is named in the certificate.

I have attached the caseworker guidance notes for category your children qualify under. have a read of everything that comes under Section 1(3) dont worry too much about the others.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

with the refs 1 has to be a professional (of any nationality) but the 2nd doesnt need to be, s/he needs to British though who is either a professional or above 25 years
Thanks again for the advice.

It seems like I don't need marriage certificate as my elder one was born after 01.07.2006. Hopefully I'll find some referees. Actually, my elder one seems like doesn't need any as he has been issued the identity card by HO.(at least that's what is mentioned in caseworkers guidelines). My little one needs though.