ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Out of UK !

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roopscisco

ILR and Out of UK !

Post by roopscisco » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Can someone please clarify the following ?

I have got my ILR (Under HSMP JR) on Sep 2009. I have lost my contract job after 2 weeks of the ILR. Couldnt get any job in my field since then. But now i got an oppertunity to go back & work for the company which worked before moving into UK.
I thought to go for it but still want to know if i leave this country now & how long can i stay out of UK under my circumstances ?

Really appreciate anyone's view . :idea: :idea:
Roopscisco.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm

You can enter UK within 2 years after leaving without any issues.
This is already stated in your ILR approval letter.... have a look for more details.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

shs213

Re: ILR and Out of UK !

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

roopscisco wrote:Can someone please clarify the following ?

I have got my ILR (Under HSMP JR) on Sep 2009. I have lost my contract job after 2 weeks of the ILR. Couldnt get any job in my field since then. But now i got an oppertunity to go back & work for the company which worked before moving into UK.
I thought to go for it but still want to know if i leave this country now & how long can i stay out of UK under my circumstances ?

you can stay out up to two years, you might have to pop in and out of the UK every 2 yrs to maintain ILR status though this is not advisable...

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Can you stay for a few more months and apply for your citizenship? You wont have to worry about the need to come back within 2 years. You can come back whenever you want.

Ray

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 pm

raymasa2 wrote:

Can you stay for a few more months and apply for your citizenship? You wont have to worry about the need to come back within 2 years. You can come back whenever you want.

Ray
Thanks Guyz for all the responses. Wanted to get another opinion.

Thank you !
Roopscisco.