ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Portugal on EU1Fam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Travelling to Portugal on EU1Fam

Post by IntheQ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to Portugal on 4EUFam ? Just read on other thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020 that if you are holding a Stamp 4EUFam GNIB residence card and your EU spouse is accompanying you to Portugal, you do not need to obtain a Schengen Visa.
I wonder if anyone has travelled without Schengen Visa to Portugal on 4EUFam yet ? Will be happy to know your experiences at airline counter/immigration etc ?

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes,you dont need visa if you are going with your EU spouse or joining her in Portugal.but it depends on the officers at the entry because some of them dont have a clue at all,you may see some delay but prepare for them very well.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Does anyone know what other countries accept EUFAM card? :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 am

Monifé wrote:Does anyone know what other countries accept EUFAM card? :)
Yes and yes. Both were made stickies to catch everyones attention.

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 am

El shaddai wrote:Yes,you dont need visa if you are going with your EU spouse or joining her in Portugal.but it depends on the officers at the entry because some of them dont have a clue at all,you may see some delay but prepare for them very well.
Hi El shaddai,

Sorry for asking this but did you travel with your EU spouse to Portugal on 4EUFam? Were there any problems at airlines counter at Dublin airport?
I hope immigration staff in Portugal should be quiet satisfied with e-mail from Portuguese embassy Dublin confirming the same.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi IntheQ, there was a little bit checking by the airline in dublin,because the person on the counter dont have a clue she keep checking a book but all was ok.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks Ben :) Read the one in Ireland forum but not the other, the latter looks more up-to-date. Thanks :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 am

El shaddai wrote:Hi IntheQ, there was a little bit checking by the airline in dublin,because the person on the counter dont have a clue she keep checking a book but all was ok.
Probably the timatic in book form (I guess that was a budget airline). Some airlines, like Emirates, offer online access.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:38 am

Monifé wrote:Thanks Ben :)
You're welcome. hehehe.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.