ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation without applying for EEA4?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leoleo
Newly Registered

Naturalisation without applying for EEA4?

Post by leoleo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi,

Has anyone here (non-EEA national) successfully applied for British citizenship after 6 years being married to EEA national (5 years under EEA2 + 1 year holding permanent residence status) without applying for EEA4? From the other posts I understood that it might take up to a year or so for the EEA4 application to be processed by HO.
Does anyone know if a Non-EEA national gets his/her "permanent Residency" automatically after a 5-year lawful stay in the UK?

Thanks for sharing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Thank you, vinny :D

comfused

comfused

Post by comfused » Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 am

Hi mate, i hope u managed to find answer for ur case, ive tried to email alot of people in this forum but no one answered, plz gimme an advice if u managed to get one concering ur case.

I am non eea married to EU national
came to the Uk on the 14/10/2006 spouse visa(entry clearance for 6 months)
marriage on the 17 feburary 2007
got residence card valid untill 15/10/2012.

by the 15/10/2012 i will be resident in London for 6 yea

i would appreciate if u can clarify things for me, im wondering if i can apply directly for naturalisation istead of permanent residence.
thank u

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: comfused

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

comfused wrote:Hi mate, i hope u managed to find answer for ur case, ive tried to email alot of people in this forum but no one answered, plz gimme an advice if u managed to get one concering ur case.

I am non eea married to EU national
came to the Uk on the 14/10/2006 spouse visa(entry clearance for 6 months)
marriage on the 17 feburary 2007
got residence card valid untill 15/10/2012.

by the 15/10/2012 i will be resident in London for 6 yea

i would appreciate if u can clarify things for me, im wondering if i can apply directly for naturalisation istead of permanent residence.
thank u
Please post your question once only

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0&start=20

Also if you look at some of the recent posts there have been similar questions asked and answered in this very section.