ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 application and working status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hughie33
Newly Registered

eea2 application and working status

Post by hughie33 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:12 am

Hi
I am an Irish national and my wife is Japanese, we applied for her residency card under the EEA2 family permit in May, we are exercising our rights as I have being employed in the UK here for the last 4 year

Now with all the government cutbacks, it looks like will loose my job before we get the residency card.
Has anyone had a similar experience? and does anyone know how will it affect the application?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 am

See EEA regulations 6(2) and ECIS, chapter 3, 3.1.1 Jobseeker.

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks 86ti
That take a load off my mind

one thing sparked an interest in the regulations
because I have being thinking of retraining

the regulations state that
(2) A person who is no longer working shall not cease to be treated as a worker for the purpose of paragraph (1)(b) if—

(d) he has voluntarily ceased working and embarked on vocational training that is related to his previous employment.

Does anyone know what qualifies as vocational training?
Does it have to be fulltime? Can it be part time?