ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW college dates

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bethnalblue

PSW college dates

Post by bethnalblue » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 am

I have a query please help, I will submit my PSW application from India. I have enroled myself for MBA in October 2008 to September 2009 but I had to apply for students visa extension to complete my dessertation which was from October 2009 to April 2010. I got my extension approved but the college later changed the date to October 2009 to May 2010 which means I got 1 more extra month to complete my desertation. My query is the college has issued me a letter with the dates of October 2009 to May 2010, the Home Office was not aware of the changes in dates, will this effect my application and also in the form the question is:
4.1 Give the period during which you studied and/or undertook research at this institution towards the above qualification.
Start date DD MM YYYY End date DD MM YYYY

for this question which date should I write
Complete course date including my desrtation extension October 2008 to May 2010 or only dessertation October 2009 to May 2010

Thanks

wabuthu

Re: PSW college dates

Post by wabuthu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:00 pm

I think you should write the start and end dates exactly as written on your award letter from your university, this would be from beginning of course to end of course (which would include any extensions). Hope that helps? all the best.

PS: i was in a similar boat as yours as i had 2 visa extensions to complete my dissertation, in my case my Uni start/end dates were sep 07 - jun 2010...but i wrote them exactly as given in my award letter.
bethnalblue wrote: 4.1 Give the period during which you studied and/or undertook research at this institution towards the above qualification.
Start date DD MM YYYY End date DD MM YYYY

for this question which date should I write
Complete course date including my desrtation extension October 2008 to May 2010 or only dessertation October 2009 to May 2010

Thanks
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:55 pm

I have a similar problem too...hope you guys can help me out...

The start date on my letter is 21/09/09 but I came in late and started on the 28/09/09....and my VISA also started on the 26/09/09...

So what should I write?...

1) If I write 21/09/09 = it will not be the same as my visa...
2) If I write 28/09/09 = it will not be the same as my uni letter

please help me...thank you

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi,

There is a part in the form where it states -

'tick the box if ur current leave is within the study period'
(i think it sounds somethin loke that)

The point is that if i put it exactly like the uni letter than i cannot tick the box coz uni letter is 21 while my visa is 26...

I already confirm with iasuk that i should put 26 and mention it in the cover letter why it differs from the uni letter...this will enable me to tick the box... :-)

Hope this help on this issue...

Cheers~

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi,

There is a part in the form where it states -

'tick the box if ur current leave is within the study period'
(i think it sounds somethin loke that)

The point is that if i put it exactly like the uni letter than i cannot tick the box coz uni letter is 21 while my visa is 26...

I already confirm with iasuk that i should put 26 and mention it in the cover letter why it differs from the uni letter...this will enable me to tick the box... :-)

Hope this help on this issue...

Cheers~