ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT DO I DO NOW PLS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EMILIA MILES
Newly Registered

WHAT DO I DO NOW PLS

Post by EMILIA MILES » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:26 pm

I sent my application middle of sep 2009 as unmarried partner of EEA,got COA two weeks after.HO requested for additional documents arround first week of June 2010,I sent all the requested documents withing the stipulated time of 21 days,but since then I've not had anything from HO office.is it because I was Illegal before I sent my EEA2 application to HO,thats my case is being delay? pls help.my German partner was working for over 3years before we sent the application and she is still working till date and both of us are leaving together.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: WHAT DO I DO NOW PLS

Post by noble72uk » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 am

EMILIA MILES wrote:I sent my application middle of sep 2009 as unmarried partner of EEA,got COA two weeks after.HO requested for additional documents arround first week of June 2010,I sent all the requested documents withing the stipulated time of 21 days,but since then I've not had anything from HO office.is it because I was Illegal before I sent my EEA2 application to HO,thats my case is being delay? pls help.my German partner was working for over 3years before we sent the application and she is still working till date and both of us are leaving together.
Hi
There’s nothing to worry about, the home office is taking time to for processing you application as they were doing it since 2008, and under the EEA agreement directive 2004/38/EC they need to return your passport with your residency on it within 6months if not that meant they breached the law.

European Casework Instructions
CHAPTER 5 - RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATIONS

5.8 Six-month rule
Community law requires us to decide applications for a Residence Card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Every effort should be made to do so, particularly where an applicant draws our attention to an alleged breach of this requirement. Failure to comply with this requirement could leave the Home Office open to a claim for damages.

You need to complain to the UKBA and brief them that they have breached the Law if they don’t respond complain to the EU.