ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No news is...... NO NEWS!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PnOedOff
Newly Registered

No news is...... NO NEWS!

Post by PnOedOff » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Im a little upset and angry, having been married to my husband for 2 years, living with him outside of the UK for one year and now seperated for one year with a baby a tow that we are NONE the wiser about when and big IF he will be ever joining me. Im a UK citizen, he is Nigerian, we applied last year for a visit visa which was denied due to insufficient evidence and the fact I was living and working in Nigeria so not the best sponsor. I decided to come back, work and get accomodation here in the UK, meaning we have been apart for almost a full year. I have a full time job, details of which I have supplied for them to check. My only concern is that I am sharing a property with my grandmother, and so as such do not pay rent, I did provide utility bills both hers and mine from the property as well as a description, stupidly did not put any pictures in there, do you think this will hold it up? We have applied for a settlment visa and supplied a load of documents showing my financial situation and contact from 2006 until present day.

Why I am mostly angry is that we submitted the application 2 months ago, were giving a tracking number to use online, which is THE biggest waste of time as since the day after it was submitted it has said the same thing, that the application has been sent to the High Commission. He was given a date to return to the application centre today, which he duly did only to be told it was not ready and they have no information at all regarding his application, just gave him an email address and sent him on his way.

I am highly dubious about the whole situation, in general do they actually do any real checks on any of the information you supply, or is it simply a case of it seems genuine, alls well off you go? Does the fact its been delayed and noone has a clue about it seem ominous?
I'm just so angry and doubtful that an email address to some generic department will do anything at all. I had a sinking feeling this would be what happened but dared for a millisecond to get my hopes up. I'm preparing for the worst as I really believe it will be another rejection, although on what grounds other than the accommodation situation I can't imagine.

dantolu
Newly Registered

Post by dantolu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 am

I cud understand how u feel, My wife feel dissapointed in them. I am in similar situation here in Nigeria. To be honest it is a waiting game. U and your spouse will just have to wait.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:29 am

If accommodation is adequate, then it should be acceptable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.