ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me, we have the wrong visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panicking
Newly Registered

Please help me, we have the wrong visa.

Post by panicking » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 am

Hello,

I am hoping someone can please help me. Me and my fiance applied for uk fiance visa from istanbul, turkey. We were successful and got it, so we thought! But when we checked the visa, they have given us spouse of CP visa and not fiance. He planned to come next week and our wedding is booked for november. Are we able to get married on this visa? Any help is much appreciate, as i am stressing so much.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 am

What will happen when I make my application? wrote:If you think that there is anything wrong with your visa, contact the visa section immediately.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

misswilliams
Newly Registered

Post by misswilliams » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Panicking,

How long have you been living with your partner? If you were living as a couple for 4 years or more in Turkey, then the ECO would issue your partner with a settlement visa as you would have already proved your relationship status.

Hope that helps.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Unmmarried partners have different endorsements.

Alternatively, get married outside the UK before initially travelling to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

laraj
Newly Registered

Post by laraj » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:19 am

I spoke to the UKBA this afternoon and the man there told me that if you have proof you have lived together for 4 years you are entitled to a settlement visa even if you're not legally married and you have exactly the same rights as a married couple. I looked at the link you sent Vinnie and it didn't mention on there either about any endoresements for unmarried couples :?: How do unmarried couple get settlement visas and ILR if they're not entitled to them? I know of lots of a few couples with ILR who are not married and one couple who has citizenship too.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:24 am

laraj wrote:I spoke to the UKBA this afternoon and the man there told me that if you have proof you have lived together for 4 years you are entitled to a settlement visa even if you're not legally married and you have exactly the same rights as a married couple. I looked at the link you sent Vinnie and it didn't mention on there either about any endoresements for unmarried couples :?: How do unmarried couple get settlement visas and ILR if they're not entitled to them? I know of lots of a few couples with ILR who are not married and one couple who has citizenship too.
ECB13.1 Visa endorsements and conditions
SET5-15 What immigration conditions apply upon entry to an unmarried / single sex partner?
Unmarried/same-sex partners

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:44 am