ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa-tier-1 - Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaurav.gangwani
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa-tier-1 - Help

Post by gaurav.gangwani » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 am

Hi,

I have been in UK continuously for more than four years on WP, HSMP and now TIER-1 and I am performing a court marriage with my fiancée in September 2010 and planning to apply for her dependent visa few days after that....I do have all the documents ready for her visa....
My question is that, if she get's the visa approval in sept but travels to UK in December ....does she need to take the English language test as for the new rules coming into effect from 29th Nov? ?
also can you please confirm if i should show any form of communication b/w both of us as the dependent visa's are getting refused for lack of communication specially since i am going to India only for 3 -4 days to marry her....pls help ....

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:17 pm

The English test has to be taken only by dependants of settlement visas. If your wife is applying for a T1 G dependant visa then she does not need to take the test as the per the current rules.

I think what the case workers are looking for is just proof that your relationship is subsisting and that you intend to live together once in UK. Any documents (marriage photos, phone bills, invitation card etc) corroborating this fact should be enough.

gaurav.gangwani
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav.gangwani » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi..
the English test will be compulsory for anyone coming to UK on a dependent visa from 29th nov...this applied to Tier-1 and Tier-2 dependent also.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 pm

gaurav.gangwani wrote:Hi..
the English test will be compulsory for anyone coming to UK on a dependent visa from 29th nov...this applied to Tier-1 and Tier-2 dependent also.
Can you please tell us the source of this information???

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:52 pm

He might be referring this

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... t-partners

Shepherd

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:02 am

'Today the UK Border Agency announced that these plans will be implemented from 29 November 2010. From this date, any migrant who wants to enter or remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here will need to show that they can speak and understand English, by taking an English language test with one of our approved test providers.'

Tier 1 and tier 2 visa holders are neither British citizens or persons settled.

Settled status
You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/glossary?letter=S