ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this a 'GAP' in Long residence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freedom4all
Newly Registered

Is this a 'GAP' in Long residence?

Post by freedom4all » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:06 am

First of all, thanks to all who organised and run such a useful forum.

I have learnt many things reading posts here.

However I could not find an answer relating to my situation.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Here is my story:

I am planning to apply for 10 year as a student in September 2010.
While browsing my SAR file obtained from BIA, I realised they recorded a rejection for my application once in November 2006.

At the time my leave was untill 31 October 2006. I applied on time on 27 Oct 2006, but home office could not take payment from my card and returned my application asking for valid payment and even included a special address sticker to resend my application. This is what they recorded as a rejection. I enclosed postal order as a payment and resent the application on 10 November 2006. They granted me a leave on 12 december 2006. Ever since I had no other issues.

While checking IND payment processing sheet in SAR file for that incident, I noticed they misspelt my surname (one letter was missing). I suspect this was the reason IND could not process my card payment. I am certain I carefully and correctly filled in payment page at the time.

Now my dilemma is:

Will this period between 31.10.2006 and 10.11.2006 affect my ILR application as a 'GAP'?
I am very worried.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 am

Hopefully, you may be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

freedom4all
Newly Registered

Post by freedom4all » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:32 am

vinny wrote:Hopefully, you may be okay.
Thanks vinny,

As they say "hope dies last".

On an additional note, I have student leave till February next year. Hopefully, I will get my Msc results with distinction by then ;). If ILR does not work, I will have to apply under PSW.

freedom4all
Newly Registered

Post by freedom4all » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Also other senior members, could you please give me your views as well to put my mind in rest.

Thanks in advance

ramsilr77
Newly Registered

Post by ramsilr77 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

unfortunately , I had a ILR rejection because i had a gap of 20 days in my visa , my case they said my photo format was not correct while extending my visa from hsmp to tier1.

so please be careful , if possible apply in person and please share your experience to your application afterwards.all the best

Rams

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm

ramsilr77 wrote:if possible apply in person
Settlement application under long residence cannot be made in-person.

regards

k333
Newly Registered

Post by k333 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm

ramsilr77 wrote:unfortunately , I had a ILR rejection because i had a gap of 20 days in my visa , my case they said my photo format was not correct while extending my visa from hsmp to tier1.

so please be careful , if possible apply in person and please share your experience to your application afterwards.all the best

Rams
Hi but the day you sent your initial application for extending the visa, was it on time?

How can they simply reject you for resubmission..?