ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal date come, Respondent not filed documents..........

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chinna1976
Newly Registered

Appeal date come, Respondent not filed documents..........

Post by chinna1976 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi just got the letter from immigration appeals. And on it it says respondent not filed documents under rule 51 (4). Anyone advise what this does for the appeal?
Thanks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm

It means the Respondent ( BHC where you applied) have not forwarded any documents to the IAT yet,

Dont worry beacuse they often do this which works all in your favour. You want to base your arguments and points on what you were refused on. Concentrate on that.

Sometime because of their incompetence they withdraw at last minute and give visa instaed of going through the rigmour of a hearing, very annoying though

chinna1976
Newly Registered

Post by chinna1976 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:20 pm

It was a visitor visa. Got refused on this. You satisfy the immigration rule but the bank statement your sponsor has sent is 4 months old so i am not satisfied that these funds are still available.
So what I did on appeal papers is sent a bank statement from another account showing the same balance over 3 years. signed by bank manger on a letter and asked for the entry clearence manager to over turn the decision before setting a oral hearing but heard nothing. Then got this letter from the tribunal yesterday.

chinna1976
Newly Registered

Post by chinna1976 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Its only one thing we got refused on. So apart from showing statements signed and certified by the banks. don't know what i could really say.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 pm

You have to be patient. It can take 6 months to get a hearing date, but I have a feeling if you have provided teh correct document , it might not go that far as teh ECM might overturn the decision.

Had you provided correct docs at time, you probally would not have been in the mess you are now :wink:

chinna1976
Newly Registered

Post by chinna1976 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 pm

batleykhan wrote:You have to be patient. It can take 6 months to get a hearing date, but I have a feeling if you have provided teh correct document , it might not go that far as teh ECM might overturn the decision.

Had you provided correct docs at time, you probally would not have been in the mess you are now :wink:
Yeah your right my fault the documents I sent should have been upto date.
I Have got the hearing date in october. But the Ecm has not sent their documents in by the correct date to the tribunal or me. And they have not sent me anything on request to review the decision.

chinna1976
Newly Registered

Post by chinna1976 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Got the appeal date. Just wanted some advice. Should I just take evidence of upto date bank account. As that was the reason Visa Got refused and also the embassy as not filled any documents with the tribunal or sent any to me. So if am right they can't bring any thing else into it as we satisfied everything else under the immigration act.
Thanks for any help.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 pm

chinna1976 wrote:Got the appeal date. Just wanted some advice. Should I just take evidence of upto date bank account. As that was the reason Visa Got refused and also the embassy as not filled any documents with the tribunal or sent any to me. So if am right they can't bring any thing else into it as we satisfied everything else under the immigration act.
Thanks for any help.
Yes you should take banks statements and normally judge focus on main refusals reasons.Yours updated bank statement would prove that you have sufficient balance.

Sometimes home office dont bother to come to hearing .Also mention in yours appeal hearing that you were not provide with respondent bundle.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too