ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Student Visa Refusal

Post by aravinthan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi

My brother came to study in UK for an IT course with the condition of meeting English language reqauirment. He was granted three month visa which was going to expire on 9th of July.

Unfortunatly he couldnt meet the english language level before september. Then he got a new CAS to continue with english language course. The level given by the Collge was B1. He applied for the visa on 29th of June inperson. The application was rejected. The reason given was the level B1 in english is not allowed anymore. He received the passport next saturday (a week befor the visa due to expire, 9th july).

However on 9th of July he applied with a letter explainng he continuing his course in B1 level and he is not starting in level B1. However he used the old CAS no. He has now received the decsion with th reason CAS is invalid. But he has got the appeal rights this time. He contatted the college to get a new CAS letter. Collge has refused to generate a new CAS and they are saying level B1 for english in not allowed anymore.

What should he do now?

is judcial reveiw won by english uk will be helpful in this case for appeal?

I consulted two solliciotrs. They seemd to be reluctnat to take student visa appeals?

What should I do now??

Please help. Thanks in advance.

kooky
Newly Registered

Post by kooky » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi

Has your brother given right to apeal? As my sister's case is similar I would like to know.

Thanks

kooky

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 pm

My solicitor wrote to the UKBA to reveiw the first decision in the light of English UK judicial review and they have overturned the deciision and sent the visa. It took only two weeks.

i didnt know visas are not endorsed in passports any more?