ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

nursery education grant for Tier1 dependent.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skomati

nursery education grant for Tier1 dependent.

Post by skomati » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 pm

hi, does nursery education grant come under public funds. I want to send my son to nursery. The nursery said that he is eligible for 15 hrs of free session and they said they will be paid for that by some local authority.
If i take that 15 hrs for free, does it come under public funds.
Please advice me.
Thank you
Skomati

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 pm

shaa
Newly Registered

Re: nursery education grant for Tier1 dependent.

Post by shaa » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:41 am

I beleive u do not need to pay for nursery education of ur child. That is the right of ur child even I m in the same situation and I do not pay anything and basic education does not fall in to Public funds like NHS.

skomati

Post by skomati » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:10 pm

thank u shaa and sushmehta for a quick reply...
i just want to confirm 100% before i go for it. but i searched public funds document for child nursary grant but can not see it ....

but if u think logically the local authority is paying 15 hours of child care money to the nursary on bahalf of the parent. so in my opinion it comes under public funds..

Any comments please....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:38 pm

skomati wrote:thank u shaa and sushmehta for a quick reply...
i just want to confirm 100% before i go for it. but i searched public funds document for child nursary grant but can not see it ....

but if u think logically the local authority is paying 15 hours of child care money to the nursary on bahalf of the parent. so in my opinion it comes under public funds..

Any comments please....
This should help and this thread as well
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer