ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenace Contract Paid in Advance - Does it count?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amuk

Maintenace Contract Paid in Advance - Does it count?

Post by amuk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:01 pm

One of my transactions is a payment for a maintenance agreement paid 6 months in advance. The agreement will be nearly 1 month old by the time of my application.

Will the whole amount count?

Appreciated.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Can you please clarify further what exactly do you mean by maintenance contract?
To my understanding suppose you are an IT contractor you get paid in advance, you can claim payment as your earning although contract time end period is in the future.

Good luck

amuk

Post by amuk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:43 pm

alimohmand wrote:Can you please clarify further what exactly do you mean by maintenance contract?
Thank you for your reply, alimohmand! Your assumption is correct, but to further clarify:

I'm a Software Consultant. I have a maintenance agreement of some web portal that has been renewed and I should receive advance payment for 6 months starting August about this week. I should be applying in about 2 weeks.

I just wish to confirm that I can claim points for this amount.

Thanks again!

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 pm

As mentioned you can claim it as earning. Provide the required documentation and hopefully everything should be fine.

If you are sole trader / self employed get the required paper work from your accountant.

Such as Invoice etc

Good Luck

skomati

Post by skomati » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:07 pm

i dont think u can use the 6 months advance payment. policy guide clearly states that the earnings/profits must be made with in the 12 months profits.

just think logically, if ukba accept adavance payments as earnings , every one get advance payment for next 1 or 2years and they can claim points..

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Its the payment received by an applicant for the contract which will be running.

Hence its contract payment and nothing to do with advance money etc.

Once you win a contract basically it is your earned money.

Its not like a salary etc.

amuk

Post by amuk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I tend to agree with alimohmand. To be safe, I'd like to hear from someone with similar case. Anyone?