ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we really need accommodation proof for dependent Visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajeevkumar
Newly Registered

Do we really need accommodation proof for dependent Visa?

Post by rajeevkumar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi,

I browsed UKBA site and couldn't found any reference for the need of accommodation proof of main applicant's residence in UK while applying for dependent visa. Even there is no field in the VAF10 form which asks for the address of main applicant in UK which indirectly might have needed such a proof. UKBA site is just asking for maintenance funds which you can use for your and your dependents accommodation and other expenses.

Considering above points my queries are:
1. While applying for dependent Visa, do we really need the accommodation proof of main applicant in UK?
2. Was it needed earlier (before April 6, 2010 or for HSMP Visa holder dependents) and has been removed and that's why I couldn't find this requirement now?
3. If its not needed, why do most of the people submit it? While it might give another document to ECO for finding mistakes and hence reasons to reject Visa.
4. Can you please provide me any reference to this requirement if I am missing something?

Thanks!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 pm

As far as my experience goes, it is not officially mentioned anywhere but the VFS guys suggest you submit it as an additional supporting document. I guess there is no harm in submitting proof of accommodation if you have one already in UK.