ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding the Biometric Residence Permit and so on

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veronicaeaiw
Newly Registered

Questions regarding the Biometric Residence Permit and so on

Post by veronicaeaiw » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 pm

I have browsed through several pages of posts and didn't find posts regarding my questions; could anyone share with me your experience please?
This is a new form so I'm worried that not many people have seen some of the questions...

1. "If the applicant has lived at the address above for less than two years please provide previous address details and the dates the applicant lived there." If I arrived in UK in August but I moved into my current address in September, do I need to list out all the hotels/ friends' places that I've lived in or just my home country address?

2. Biometric Residence Permit: This seems like a new one because no one has heard of it... there's a document on the website that says the Biometric Permit will be taken after they have processed the application, but on the form it says "If the applicant has a current grant of leave on a BRP he/she must also provide their BRP for the application to be valid and complete." I did take the Biometric thing when I applied for the Student visa, but I don't have it with me.

3. I'm from Taiwan but my UK student visa was issued in Manila, so for the question "Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?" Should I answer Manila or Taiwan?

Sorry for the lengthy question; thanks a lot in advance!

snehalmijar
Newly Registered

me too confused!!

Post by snehalmijar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Even I am applying for my post study work and I was confused about this biometric question. I got my student visa from India in the year 2008 and although my biometrics was done, I was not specifically issued with any card or number. My friend spoke to his lawyer and he asked me to tick no and go ahead with the form.

Yet I am a bit annoyed with this situation and would like to know what are we supposed to write in the box given below which would justify the reasons of not submitting a biometric residence permit. Please let me know if you come across anythin..

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm not an expert, so I'd wait for expert opinion, but I'm just wondering how you entered the country without your Biometric card? Is your visa stamped into your passport?

For a lot of visas now, including unmarried partner/spouse & student visas, they don't stamp the visa into your passport, you're issued with a pink ICFN, which you then have to carry around with you when you leave or enter the country as that holds all of your immigration info. If you had your biometrics done, but don't have the card, how did you get into the country? :?

But basically, in answer to your question 2 below, they're asking you to submit your current ID card with your application if your current residential status requires you to have one.

In answer to your question 3, I think you answered your own question :wink: From what you've put there, I would imagine that you'd need to put that it was issued in Manila.

Wait for expert opinion though. :)

Lindsay

snehalmijar
Newly Registered

Post by snehalmijar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am

I got my visa stamped on my passport which was couple of years back before the introduction of BRP.

Anyways, I asked a lawyer and also my consultant from India who told me wrtie in the space that I was issued visa before the introduction of BRP. :)

Gadro
Newly Registered

Post by Gadro » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 am

Any more word on this? Did this approach of stating your visa was issued before BRP was effective actually work out?

Or do you have to go and get a BRP first before submitting the t2 app form as it implies?

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Can anyone confirm the above replies please? I am planning to submit my application during the first week of November. I would be thankful to know any process that I have to go through before hand as my visa expires on 10th of November leaving me no time to do anything in the last minute. Many thanks!

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

nitin671 wrote:Can anyone confirm the above replies please? I am planning to submit my application during the first week of November. I would be thankful to know any process that I have to go through before hand as my visa expires on 10th of November leaving me no time to do anything in the last minute. Many thanks!
If you were never issued with a Biometric card, then there is nothing to supply.