ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring a Lost Passport for ILR absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alaye208
Newly Registered

Declaring a Lost Passport for ILR absence

Post by alaye208 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:46 pm

I am tired of UKBA really. I have an absence for about 8 months outside of the UK and all the stamp evidence is on my second passport. I intend to not declare all of this absence (maybe declare only 4 months absence) and declare the passports with the stamps as missing. I know this is deceit but I believe that I have suffered too much in the UK to miss out on the 10yrs ILR.

What do members of this committee think?
Please note that I am not intending for anyone to support my actions of my intentions. I am seriously thinking of taking this route out as I believe its my best shot. What I need to know is what problems I am going to get with declaring my passport missing

Also, what if I submit both passports and still do not declare all of the absences? I have a lot of stamps on my passports so I am hoping that the person reviewing my case will be as confused as I was when I was looking through everything and miss out on the 8 months absence

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 pm

If you think stamps on your passport are the only source of your immigration history in the UK and that a caseworker will rely only on your passport stamps to verify your presence/absences in the UK, you are mistaken!

Possible result(s) of using deception - refusal, curtailment, deportation, ban from entering UK.

regards

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I thought for 10 ILR you can have 18months total allowance is it not??

alaye208
Newly Registered

Post by alaye208 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you think stamps on your passport are the only source of your immigration history in the UK and that a caseworker will rely only on your passport stamps to verify your presence/absences in the UK, you are mistaken!

Possible result(s) of using deception - refusal, curtailment, deportation, ban from entering UK.

regards
Well, its a total of 18 months over the 10year period. If you are saying that the stamps are not the only way.. then i am absolutely petrified and dont konw what to do. I got a job with a company which required me to work abroad. I was being paid in USD during that time (thats just how the company works) The absence was 8 months in one streatch. The company is willing to give me a letter to cover my absence but i am really afraid that of what will happen. Help pls!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

See e-Borders, an example of (one of the) resources available with UKBA to keep a record of travel /immigration history of people coming in / departing from the UK.

regards

bb21

Post by bb21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 am

I wonder if you don't declare your absence, how would you explain the lack of landing cards during this period to certify your presence in / return to this country or am I just being dumb? Eight months unexplained absence is not an attractive property to have on your application. As sushdmehta has pointed out, in the new system the UKBA works, they'll have data from airlines of all passengers leaving the UK so they WILL know when you left the country.

NO CHANCE of hiding this one I'm afraid.

Out of interest, when was your absence? A year ago? 3 years ago? 8 years ago?

alaye208
Newly Registered

Post by alaye208 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:42 pm

The absences were between 07 and 08. It was work related and my employer is willing to provide a letter to support me but I dont know if this is allowed for the 10yrs long residence.