ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

specific query about Tier1 rejection & uk as transit sto

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepak_sachdev25
Newly Registered

specific query about Tier1 rejection & uk as transit sto

Post by deepak_sachdev25 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 am

Dear All,
Iam a bit new to this forum. Dunno If Iam at the right place for the following query. Still would appreciate anyone helping....

Iam considering travelling to Europe (particularly Republic of ireland), I had a rejection stamp on my earlier (lost) passport for Tier 1 visa for the UK (I think this rejection is for 10 years). Now, If Iam travelling through UK (Only as Transit) to Ireland, would that be a problem for me. Kindly let me know whetehr it would a problem as I have to book my tickets. and if it is whats the solution.
really appreciate any help on this
Thanks
Regards
DS

destiniation_london

Re: specific query about Tier1 rejection & uk as transit

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:16 am

deepak_sachdev25 wrote:Dear All,
Iam a bit new to this forum. Dunno If Iam at the right place for the following query. Still would appreciate anyone helping....

Iam considering travelling to Europe (particularly Republic of ireland), I had a rejection stamp on my earlier (lost) passport for Tier 1 visa for the UK (I think this rejection is for 10 years). Now, If Iam travelling through UK (Only as Transit) to Ireland, would that be a problem for me. Kindly let me know whetehr it would a problem as I have to book my tickets. and if it is whats the solution.
really appreciate any help on this
Thanks
Regards
DS
Don't know much about this but transit should not be an issue. Because you don't go through the immigration in the transit country.
for e.g. If I travel from India to London via germany ... i don't need to have german visa unless I want to go outside airport in germany.

you might be banned from entering UK for 10 years but technically you didn't enter UK unless you go through the immigration check post.

So mate, I think you should be fine if you just have UK as transit, there should not be any issue.

deepak_sachdev25
Newly Registered

Thanks but this require more help...I guess....

Post by deepak_sachdev25 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 am

thanks for your reply
however, I checked the air tickets and I think I would have to change the airports. the journey requires me to get off at international airport Heathrow and take the next Air Aran flight domestic from Luton. I presume that their would be shuttle service provided from the airline or airport. But still need to know ehether this would be ok or not.... kindly help....
Regards
DS

destiniation_london

Re: Thanks but this require more help...I guess....

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

deepak_sachdev25 wrote:thanks for your reply
however, I checked the air tickets and I think I would have to change the airports. the journey requires me to get off at international airport Heathrow and take the next Air Aran flight domestic from Luton. I presume that their would be shuttle service provided from the airline or airport. But still need to know ehether this would be ok or not.... kindly help....
Regards
DS
This could cause you an issue, because these 2 airports are fairly apart from each other and i think you'd have to go through immigration to take your next flight from luton...although as i said am not expert but its better safe to have some other flight where you don't need to change the airports.

destiniation_london

Re: Thanks but this require more help...I guess....

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am

deepak_sachdev25 wrote:thanks for your reply
Regards
DS
Read this

http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk/terminal-3.html
International connections do not reuire going through Immigrations or Customs but all International to Domestic connections do.
Hope this helps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:47 am

deepak_sachdev25 wrote:I had a rejection stamp on my earlier (lost) passport for Tier 1 visa for the UK (I think this rejection is for 10 years).
Are you confusing rejection of EC application with a ban imposed on you from entering the UK?

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:31 pm

If you have a ban imposed on you then you'll not be able to switch airports in the UK. Any application(s) for transit visa may be declined for the same reason (ban).

The only way you can get the ban revoked is through legal case.

regards

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:32 pm

For going to republic of ireland you have to clear immigration at UK if you are coming from india becuase ireland and uk form a common travel area so if you say that you are going to ireland and you have a ban to uk for 10 years it is highly likely that you will sent back from heathrow. I suggest dont fly through uk.